UFC signs John Phillips from Wales, fights Rogerio de Lima at UFC Denver

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
GL4vXh4PXxg.jpg

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/John-Phillips-13470

21 wins/6 losses - 100% finishing rate

Am I missing something? They are scheduled to fight at "Budo 19" in March.

Am I missing something? They are scheduled to fight at "Budo 19" in March.

Marcos Rogerio de Lima (14-4-1, 3-2-0 UFC) will face John Phillips (21-6-1NC, 0-0-0 UFC) in a light heavyweight bout at UFC on FOX 23 (January 28 - Denver/USA). (Combate.com)

via cageofbones IG page - they are legit with fight announcements

Marcos Rogerio de Lima (14-4-1, 3-2-0 UFC) will face John Phillips (21-6-1NC, 0-0-0 UFC) in a light heavyweight bout at UFC on FOX 23 (January 28 - Denver/USA). (Combate.com)

via cageofbones IG page - they are legit with fight announcements
Alright, I'm just going off of Sherdog...
Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 5.43.09 AM.png

Looks very promising, great power... The only pause is that he fights at 185, and he's only 5'11". de Lima can use his size to bully him in the clinch.

Seems like they have been trying really hard lately to find LHWs, which is awesome.

Probably had a fight scheduled outside of the UFC when he got the call up, Sherdog just hasn't taken it down yet, has happened before with other fighters making their debut.
Cool, seems like an exciting fighter. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, just looked up the fight on Sherdog and thought, "this is a weird fucking troll job"

Looks very promising, great power... The only pause is that he fights at 185, and he's only 5'11". de Lima can use his size to bully him in the clinch.

Is he moving up then? Since De Lima is a LHW.

Stop getting fighters for the U.K., they consistently disappoint

Philips is a fun fighter to watch. Not the most well rounded of fighters but he's great fun on the feet and has some big power. Interested to see how he fares at Light Heavyweight as to me he seems like he'd be undersized but I hope he does well.

Back