UFC signs Czech HW Viktor Pesta

Nathanli

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I couldn't find an English source, so here's what the article said in Google Translate.

http://mymma.pl/niepokonany-ciezki-viktor-pesta-podpisal-kontrakt-z-ufc/

pesta.jpg

Undefeated player from the Czech Republic signed a contract with the most prestigious MMA federation in the world. Viktor Pesta who holds a 9-0 record to be complementary to the heavy divisions the UFC. Only 23-year-old Penta Gym Prague at the same time signed a contract with a group of promotors Mano Management. The talented fighter from behind the southern border fighting professionally since 2010 and as many as seven of the nine won fights ended early. Pestas advantage is versatility, and its main advantages are to be included elbow strikes and creative ground fighting.

He's probably best known for his website he made a while back where he was trying to find a gym to train with. http://letmebeyoursparringpartner.com/

He now trains at Allstars Training Center with Gustafsson and other beasts like Ilir Latifi and Karol Bedorf.

This is a great signing, as he already holds wins over other top Euro HWs such as Christian Colombo and Yosef Ali Mohammad. He'll likely get matched up with 'Nandor Guelmino' types for a while i'm sure.

Last edited:
Saw a few of his fights on youtube. Eh.

As weak as the UFC HW division is though, any addition could help.

Always good to sign good young heavyweight talent in a division notoriously lacking. Haven't heard of him, but you gotta start somewhere. Obviously the UFC liked what they saw.

Haven't heard of him yet....gotta look him up

He originally lost the decision vs Yousef Mohammed but it was turned over to a win after he appealed to the comission.

I haven't been able to watch the fight - but from what I've heard it was a classic control vs activity decision.

He originally lost the decision vs Yousef Mohammed but it was turned over to a win after he appealed to the comission.

I haven't been able to watch the fight - but from what I've heard it was a classic control vs activity decision.

This is what MMA Viking said about it.

Swede Yosef Ali Mohammad had a tough three round battle with Viktor Pesta at March 23rd

If he can put some striking together he has a lot of potential. He's a decent physical specimen.

Keep in mind with his fight against Yosef, Yosef is an equally impressive young fighter who is also insanely athletic, Pesta did well and his ground skills won him the fight. You'll probably see Yosef in the UFC next year too.

That being said, Pesta is a great young fighter with massive room for improvements, he can hang at the lower levels in the UFC now, but he will progress alot like Stipe with time.

awesome good for him!

He was the guy that had a website offering his services as a HW training partner to people in the states

guy is obviously very passionate about MMA and out to be the best!

Solid signing by the UFC, hoping to see him fight the top tier HW's eventually and hopefully for the title in a couple years.

Nice website, good on the guy, hope he does well.

Back