UFC should fine fighters if they get ill and pull out due to weightcutting

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Enough is enough. 3 canceled fights due to weightcutting. Rodolfo Petrosyan JUST got scrapped

Enough of Ultimate Weightcutting Championships. Its been nasty seeing this era of MMA be reduced to mostly who can cut more weight and fight at top shape.

This shit didnt happen with anywhere near the same level a decade ago and specially not in the 2000s. Punish weightcutters with fines if this shit happens.

Nah.

The whole point of only paying them for actually showing up in the Octagon is to cover shit like this.

If you can't fight you can't get paid. No need to take money from them they don't have.

Moura mauling Ruiz with the help of an extra 3.5 lbs was kinda f'd up too

Good point. That Indian fighter lost to Breeden who missed weight by a good amount. People shit on Wonderboy for not taking the Michel fight when he never came close to making weight. Michel was even stupid enough to blame Stephen and call him a coward.

Weightcutting is a plague on the sport right now. Fighters care more about how to perfect science of weightcutting and abusing advantage than sharpening their skills.

How the hell are just falling ill this close to making the walk.

How the hell are just falling ill this close to making the walk.

Because the major cut is typically done within 24 hours of weigh in time as you can't maintain such a low weight for a long period of time. No fighters are "cutting 40lbs" in terms of water weight, but they're dieting down, waterloading, working with strength and conditioning coaches alongside nutritionists to drop their weight optimally in camp and then that last 12-20lbs of water is pulled out in the last 24 hours and it's pretty intense, usually your immune system crashes pretty hard and it's super easy to get sick or have issues arise. You're not just starving yourself but you're sitting in saunas and bathtubs and wrapping yourself in heat insulating shit to pull as much water out of your body as possible for hours to make weight. Also a lot of guys are literally walking out of the sauna to the scales, if you ever wondered why some guys wait until the last moment to weigh in...they're still cutting.

Get this, my nutritionist once told me a week out from competition when I came to him concerned was I constipated, that it's normal not to shit when you're eating so little because your body is taking in all of the nutrients due to being so deprived so sometimes there's no poopies to have.

thought it was food poisoning . The ear pieces said so

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back