Ufc should do this

Discussion in 'The Wasteland' started by cburm, Jun 20, 2018.

1. cburm

cburm Orange Belt

Ufc should be more into the entertainment side i mean mcgregor is a big name because hes like the hulk hogan of ufc but if ufc put some focus into entertain like wwe does with personalities and charectors and have real fights and they can start groups and clicks that can fight on the same card i mean imagine macho man cage fighting today and entertaining say he had a mma background and black belts with golden glove hands and the fights werent controlled theyed be rolling in the dough and even kids would be going crazy and wanting toys id buy every macho man ppv

2. Kinger85

Kinger85 Gold Belt

maybe 10 years back a group tried to start up a promotion that would do pro wrestling storylines but the fights would all be legit. Needless to say, it didn't work out.

(Maybe the original plan for Venom??? Man, just looked up the card for the first Venom show. So many names on that card bring back memories)

John makfresshi likes this.
  3. Leinster Rugby

Leinster Rugby Brown Belt

They should scrap kicking and punching too and just go with body slams and chair shots.

4. Y2Khaos

Y2Khaos Brown Belt

QUICK!!! PUT THIS ON!!!
    [​IMG]

GBJohn likes this.
  5. Street Fighter 2

Street Fighter 2 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

No

6. Erocthadon

Erocthadon Brown Belt

7. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Steel Belt Platinum Member

There's always an odd balance between fighting competitions as an athletic sport and a carnival type spectacle.

Pride was successful in both aspects, even though they were heavy on the spectacle side compared to the UFC. The Zuffa years of the UFC pushed heavy into the sport, athletic side and dispensed with a lot of things that would have made their cards more fun to watch (outlandish entrances, etc).

The problem the UFC is currently facing is that while they ramped up their emphasis on spectacle a bit in the McGregor era, they did so at the expense of belt legitimacy, particularly at LW with McGregor and MW with Bisping. The belts are the foundation of treating MMA like a sport, so the whole enterprise feels a bit shaky in the eyes of fans. That said, the UF is still heavy on the athletic, sport side, but they need a few years of solid match-making to get back on track. This past year hasn't been bad at all in terms of match-making imo.

8. Only Here for Attachments

Only Here for Attachments I'm on the prowl... for sexy attachments!

9. RustyShacleford

RustyShacleford Orange Belt

You need to work on your punctuation, ts. That was pretty hard to read.

I feel like the ufc used to be better at marketing the variety of personalities in their roster, but maybe they just had a more colourful roster back then. Guys like Forrest and Rampage had personality to spare. Also, they kind of tried the team angle, UFC 68 was all MFS guys, which was a camp that got a lot of attention at the time. And recently we had the whole TJ vs Team Alpha male thing. It's just hard enough to keep an individual hype train going, so marketing a whole team probably won't pay off.

Finally, we don't have to imagine what it would be like if a superstar pro-wrestler entered mma and was actually good. Brock did it and yeah, he sold a lot of ppv's.

NinjaSkillZ and John makfresshi like this.
  10. Crystaline Entity

Crystaline Entity Blue Belt

That's a funny idea to me considering I DRV everything MMA just so I can skip the commercials, the diarrhea of the mouth, and all the soap opera BS. I just want to watch the fights. Even my wife says "can't they just STFU and fight".

MastiffMike and John makfresshi like this.
  11. Sean Long

Sean Long Master black belt of Majitney fufu

There is a reason you work at McDonalds........keep your day job.....

NinjaSkillZ and John makfresshi like this.
  12. Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli Aluminati Belt

13. Dogo1

Dogo1 Brown Belt

I like fights not soap operas.

MastiffMike likes this.
  14. I heart Pho

I heart Pho Wood Platinum Member

I wouldn't go that far but the UFC is becoming more of a spectacle than a sport. The fact that the UFC wants Brock cageside at UFC 226 is kinda telling on where MMA is going as a form of entertainment.

15. ultra321

ultra321 White Belt

To me it seems like manufactured beef between fighters is a step towards illegitimacy. I much rather hear "so in so is a great guy, but Saturday night I'm gonna beat his ass" then made up "He tried to come to my house and hit on my wife while I wasn't there" BS.... people like Chael being a jack ass is one thing but scripted bullshit.... no thanks...

16. WaylonMercy5150

WaylonMercy5150 Red Belt

17. 25 characters

25 characters Yellow Belt

Sweet run on sentence, asshole.