UFC shark expert thread

25 characters

Potato for Glover
@Green
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to all the Marine Biologist sherbros who can tell me that swimming with sharks ain't no thang.

One of my great phobias.

Was surfing way out in the ocean when I was a teen, and saw this big fin surface like 30 feet from me. Nearly shat myself.

Thank god it was just a big dolphin.

Sharks scare the shit outta me.

I'm in Montreal, so this is as close as I can get. Still pretty fucking badass.
1514476479071.jpg

UFC121_Weigh_Ins_28.jpg

One of my great phobias.

Was surfing way out in the ocean when I was a teen, and saw this big fin surface like 30 feet from me. Nearly shat myself.

Best things about wet suits? Your shit stays inside and you don't pollute the water.

This thread is dedicated to all the Marine Biologist sherbros who can tell me that swimming with sharks ain't no thang.
If you're in the ocean there's not one second you're not near a shark that can eat you.

Sharks aint no thang, TS
But watch out for those jellies. Owie-wowy!
And be careful walking into the ocean, sometimes the sand is hot on your feet and then you get in the water and there's shells and now you foot is full of boo-boos.

One of my great phobias.

Use to fly up and down the Florida coast in a helo and seen gobs of sharks right out where water got deep. Not much further out than people were swimming.

People had no idea

I was a marine biologist who specialized in sharks for 7 years. Let me tell you, the job ain’t all that it’s cracked up to be. You know how hard it is to do science experiments with a shark? No big deal for me but others struggled.

Use to fly up and down the Florida coast in a helo and seen gobs of sharks right out where water got deep. Not much further out than people were swimming.

People had no idea

Creepiest thing is sitting on your board, and seeing huge, dark shapes moving underneath you. Very intimidating.

One of my great phobias.

Same (not the surfing part). Sharks are my biggest fear although I love them.

I also live in Montreal, and have some exciting news for you.

Fleuve Saint-Laurent

Yeah, but they're more up towards the gulf than down here. I catch 25 -30 lb sturgeon, so at least I got that going for me.

E3416270-0460-4156-8F9D-28525AB9CA97.png

Motherfuckers.....Do you know the background of this avatar? Have som self respect and change it.

I also live in Montreal, and have some exciting news for you.

Fleuve Saint-Laurent

I remember when I was a kid I got to see the great white they had in captivity at either Monterey or S.F. aquarium. I forget which one. You go up this little ladder and youre in the center of a circular glass tube. Sorta like the middle of a donut. THe tube has a bunch of fish in it. I remember it was so goddamn crowded and I had no idea why. I was like 4 or 5. But we go up and I wind up right next to the glass and have no idea what everyone is gasping and talking about. Then literally like less than ten feet away I see this goddamn great white shark through the glass clear as day. Swam right by my face. If not for the glass I was literally close enough to reach out and touch it. One of my earliest profound memories. Just stood there and watch it go around a bunch of times.

Back