Rumored UFC return to Russia in Feb. 2019

under_t

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

3 reliable sources (one of them is the current UFC fighter) informed me that in February ufc are planning to lead the tournament in St. Petersburg!

Great... St.Pete's next.

They will eventually have to do a tournament I Makhachkala Dagestan :D

Haven't we fired all the Russian fighters yet??? Come on UFC, send them their papers already.

They just did a fight night in Moscow.

Anyway, Conor better stop his world tour and start training if this is true.
oh shit, really? how the fuck did I miss that, haha.

I do have a lot going on, though... but I check Sherdog like every day, lol.

Wonder if he will fight Khabib again... he looks incredibly aged in his Instagram posts.

Conor/Habeeb hematch cofirmed
PPV? On US time? Nah.

Plus NSAC will want something in return to keep the suspensions down to 6 months.

Imo, this card will be headlined by those teammates of Khabib that Dana said will never fight in the UFC again.

<Dana05>

M-1 Global headquarters (and arena) is in St Petersburg so that's great news, probably it will be where some of their champions will debut in UFC, such as Movsar Evloev, Damir Ismagulov and maybe the winner of Bruno Silva-Artem Frolov
They just did a fight night in Moscow.

Anyway, Conor better stop his world tour and start training if this is true.
probably a Fight Night, no Conor.. and to be honest, due to timezones, UFC very likely won't be going to Russia with a PPV, therefore no Conor or Khabib in Russia, at least for a while

Fight to make
Khabib vs Tony
Alexey Oleynik vs Cain
Zabit vs Bektic
Ruslan vs Shogun
Rustam vs Dan Hooker

"Tournament" at the home if M1. UFC has just been to Russia and this has been announced so soon after.

With the fact that UFC has joined up with M1, I'm thinking that this is some kind of a franchise card. Mostly M1 fighters and Russian announcers etc.

probably a Fight Night, no Conor.. and to be honest, due to timezones, UFC very likely won't be going to Russia with a PPV, therefore no Conor or Khabib in Russia, at least for a while

Too bad they don’t just make them fight at odd times for the international audience. Thrilla in Manila style.

PPV in Russia would be hilarious. Main card would start between 5AM and 9AM local time. :confused:

giphy.gif

I can smell a very average card comin

"Tournament" at the home if M1. UFC has just been to Russia and this has been announced so soon after.

With the fact that UFC has joined up with M1, I'm thinking that this is some kind of a franchise card. Mostly M1 fighters and Russian announcers etc.
Very often in Russian-to-English translations, the word *event* gets replaced by *tournament*, so this should be read as "event in St Petesburg" instead.

I think some M1 champions will fight in this event, but Russian announcers? M1 + UFC co promoted card? Nah, i don't see it.

Back