UFC releases another top fighter: Rashid Magomedov

PFL

aka

Professional Fuckhead League.

aka

Purgatory Fighting League.

whatever.

Except in your rush to defend your promotion you are forgetting the fact that they are releasing guys like Magomedov (20-2, 5-1 UFC) to make room for guys like Boston "Boom Boom" Salmon (6-1, he lost his fight before to a guy who was 5-4), Karl Roberson (5-0), Geoff "Handz of Steel" O'Neal (8-2), Julian "The Cuban Missile Crisis" Marquez (6-1), Charles Byrd (9-4), Lauren Mueller (4-0), Matt "The Steamrolla" Frevola (6-0).

The UFC is getting rid of top talent and replacing it with low cost nobodies and creating an inferior product.... but you're dumb enough to defend this because "it makes more money" and for some reason you are emotionally invested in the bank accounts of billionaires you'll never ever meet.

My friend I have to disagree with you. Them doing this is actually a very good thing. If both parties are happy with that works out that's a good thing. I'm not familiar with this guy but
assume he's a Russian.

If he's as good as you think he is he'll make a whole lot of damn money in some of these new upstart Russian promotions. Or he can even go to one FC.
Or any promotion that he seems to think he's a good fit at.

It also doesn't help the UFC has an antitrust lawsuit against it lol.

But that's besides the point. The more places these people can go and complete and make a good paycheck and test threr own martial arts abilities against
Another man.
Is a fantastic thing MMA has not had since the death of Pride Fighting Championships. Rings the old wec ect

Must be weird for these guys to work for Ari.

Has anyone in this thread paid or would for a card comprised entirely of #15 to #100 LHWs or #15 to #100 ranked Dagestanis? Answer is never, impossible.

Show me any mma organisation that has put on a card like that.

Acb

My friend I have to disagree with you. Them doing this is actually a very good thing. If both parties are happy with that works out that's a good thing. I'm not familiar with this guy but
assume he's a Russian.

If he's as good as you think he is he'll make a whole lot of damn money in some of these new upstart Russian promotions. Or he can even go to one FC.
Or any promotion that he seems to think he's a good fit at.

It also doesn't help the UFC has an antitrust lawsuit against it lol.

But that's besides the point. The more places these people can go and complete and make a good paycheck and test threr own martial arts abilities against
Another man.
Is a fantastic thing MMA has not had since the death of Pride Fighting Championships. Rings the old wec ect

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with my point?

I was pretty clearly talking from the UFC's perspective.

Do you think major league baseball teams would ever start releasing good players and replace them with nobodies and have their fanbase actually defend the decision?

Except in your rush to defend your promotion you are forgetting the fact that they are releasing guys like Magomedov (20-2, 5-1 UFC) to make room for guys like Boston "Boom Boom" Salmon (6-1, he lost his fight before to a guy who was 5-4), Karl Roberson (5-0), Geoff "Handz of Steel" O'Neal (8-2), Julian "The Cuban Missile Crisis" Marquez (6-1), Charles Byrd (9-4), Lauren Mueller (4-0), Matt "The Steamrolla" Frevola (6-0).

The UFC is getting rid of top talent and replacing it with low cost nobodies and creating an inferior product.... but you're dumb enough to defend this because "it makes more money" and for some reason you are emotionally invested in the bank accounts of billionaires you'll never ever meet.

They're not releasing him, you fucking idiot. He's a talented fighter that nobody knows about so they're sending him to a lower tiered organization to hopefully build his brand as well as the organizations brand.

Try to understand that PFL, WSOF or whatever the fuck, are owned by the UFC. This has been common knowledge for at least the past 4 years. ★

Why are people acting upset?

Nobody even knows who the guys is without looking fight finder.

Some people care more about watching top fighters than they do about how many Twitter followers they have.

Obviously not you, but some do.

Rashid was good but he did not show much action during his fights.
imo they should keep him

They're not releasing him, you fucking idiot. He's a talented fighter that nobody knows about so they're sending him to a lower tiered organization to hopefully build his brand as well as the organizations brand.

Try to understand that PFL, WSOF or whatever the fuck, are owned by the UFC. This has been common knowledge for at least the past 4 years. ★

I understand this, "you fucking idiot."

My point was .... why are they sending an established veteran to the "feeder league" while bringing fighters with 5 professional fights on their resume into the big leagues?

Why are they releasing top fighters like Mousasi, Bader, Davis, etc. and replacing them with nobodies?

Because they're cheaper and you'll obviously buy it anyway just because you're programmed to. Keep being happy about buying an inferior product for the same price though, it's a great mindset for supporting corporate America.

Low-key protecting Colin by releasing the people at 155 who could wrestlefuck him. They'll probably release Khabib next year or try to force him to just fight jobbers.

I understand this, "you fucking idiot."

My point was .... why are they sending an established veteran to the "feeder league" while bringing fighters with 5 professional fights on their resume into the big leagues?

Why are they releasing top fighters like Mousasi, Bader, Davis, etc. and replacing them with nobodies?

Because they're cheaper and you'll obviously buy it anyway just because you're programmed to. Keep being happy about buying an inferior product for the same price though, it's a great mindset for supporting corporate America.

Those all sound like prospects with those records. Never seen any of them fight but likely they have entertaining styles and personalities. Magomedov is a great fighter with an unpopular decision seeking style and doesn't speak English. UFC is a business and won't make a dime off folks like that unless they blow up in popularity in Dagestan.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with my point?

I was pretty clearly talking from the UFC's perspective.

Do you think major league baseball teams would ever start releasing good players and replace them with nobodies and have their fanbase actually defend the decision?
That's a completely different argument. The individual players in the Major League Baseball don't draw people in to buy pay-per-views or tickets.
But in Combat Sports it is exactly like that. You can be the absolute best at what you do and if people don't care about you your more than expendable. From business standpoint that is the right thing to do.
Not to mention in my opinion it's bad business just to bring him in.
Especially because there was no demand for it. If this gentleman's as talented people think he is he would have been better off making a name outside the UFC.
Just look at Gilbert Melendez Nick Diaz and Jake Shields they all found ways to make themselves valuable commodities that the fans demanded that the UFC acquire.
And all three of them immediately had championship fights.

Choosing not to resign when your contract is up is NOT being released........

And why would that be? Could it be some fighters don't like the fact they aren't being given fair opportunities, like big name or higher ranked opponents?... Even the "signing to another org for money" goes directly back to being the org's fault for not being accommodating. Bigger fights mean bigger pay. People are getting tired of just fighting on prelims.

I feel like they don't even watch the fights they just look at his rank. Think we're not paying him that much and cut him. I would at least see if he loses his next fight

There's a pic of him on his Instagram of him signing a ufc contract....

I certainly hope that is the case, I quite enjoy watching him fight and it would be a shame if he walked away now, even though I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

Here he is saying he re-signed with the UFC....unless I misunderstood.

This was 5 months ago, and looks like a management contract. Ali Abdelaziz has a relationship with both the UFC and WSOF, mind you.

Back