UFC releases another top fighter: Rashid Magomedov

Bottom line is that I always was looking forward to see him fight (pisses me off his inactivity) and I will tune to PFL to do it now.

5-1 in the UFC and leaving in his own terms. It seems like his best career move.

Are we sure WSOF is the third most popular promotion? Its a dumpster fire.

PFL is basically owned by the UFC. They're a feeder league. Magomedov is a great fighter but nobody knows who he is in a stacked division. PFL needs some talent so the UFC sent him over. Nobody is going to miss him in the UFC. 9/10 people reading this thread just remembered he exists.

I mean, it's only fair since the UFC has taken all of the talent that WSOF or PFL have built up over the years. But that's how it works with a feeder league.

Except in your rush to defend your promotion you are forgetting the fact that they are releasing guys like Magomedov (20-2, 5-1 UFC) to make room for guys like Boston "Boom Boom" Salmon (6-1, he lost his fight before to a guy who was 5-4), Karl Roberson (5-0), Geoff "Handz of Steel" O'Neal (8-2), Julian "The Cuban Missile Crisis" Marquez (6-1), Charles Byrd (9-4), Lauren Mueller (4-0), Matt "The Steamrolla" Frevola (6-0).

The UFC is getting rid of top talent and replacing it with low cost nobodies and creating an inferior product.... but you're dumb enough to defend this because "it makes more money" and for some reason you are emotionally invested in the bank accounts of billionaires you'll never ever meet.

The 21st ranked softest hitting 155er is not "top rank". Bob Arum wouldn't even try to pull this shit.

There's a pic of him on his Instagram of him signing a ufc contract....

Here he is saying he re-signed with the UFC....unless I misunderstood.

Has anyone in this thread paid or would for a card comprised entirely of #15 to #100 LHWs or #15 to #100 ranked Dagestanis? Answer is never, impossible.

Show me any mma organisation that has put on a card like that.
Most of ufc shows is free, and the fans «pays» by watching comercials. Yes I would «pay» to watch top 15-100 fighters fight.
Watching prelims while wating for the top 15 fights is generating revenue for the ufc all though you dont credit ur credit card.

I do.

They offered him a bag of corn nuts, a six pack of xyience and Giblert Melendez fight kit.
Hey that Giblert shirt must be worth some serious cash tbh

Why are people acting upset?

Nobody even knows who the guys is without looking fight finder.

Was just thinking about Magomedov the other day... wondering when the hell he was going to fight again.

This is shit.

smdh.

5-1 in the UFC, last win was Bobby Green.

The WME era is just awful.

He should have just left to Bellator. UFC is too busy trying to hold on to others losing cans who they think are marketable.

You obviously never heard of wikipedia.
Actually I donate to Wikipedia on a semi-regular basis.

And believe it or not there was a time when I knew who the hell everybody was on a card. Today you can get five straight wins and nobody knows who the hell you are still.

He doesn´t fit the new ufc fighter profile. How many ppv does he sell? How many twitter followers? How good is his trash talking??? Who da fook is that guy anyway bla bla bla
<FookIsThatGuy>

Nobody gives a fuck if he can actually fight...

with their new contender series and tuf and all of their other avenues to sign talent they can afford to let some guys go. this guy might have been good with a good record but nobody knew who he was

Back