Watermelonfresh

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Paul Daley - Released for punching after fight over
Babalu - Released for holding on choke too long
Miguel Torres - released for making inappropriate and tasteless jokes
Rumble Johnson - Released for missing weight
Conor - No disciplinary action for the bus incident despite causing fights cancelled and causing injuries along with the bad image for the sport.
Greg Hardy - After being booted from NFL signed to compete for UFC contract despite evidence of domestic violence.

Only a couple of examples, feel free to add more but the UFC has a serious issue and have exposed for only taking action if the PR outweighs the loss.

Greg Hardy - After being booted from NFL signed to compete for UFC contract despite evidence of domestic violence..

What does this have to do with him potentially fighting in the UFC?

Dana once cut the entire AKA gym because they wouldn't sign over their video game rights 4 life.

Rumble getting cut for missing weight is really baffling after the fact when you have guys like Prazeres and Lineker who miss weight more often than he ever did and have never been disciplined for it.

Also, don't forget Jason High getting banned for pushing a ref after he was concussed, but several other fighters who have put their hands on refs haven't been punished at all.

There's no consistency to the disciplinary process at all. It's literally what kind of mood Dana or Shelby (Joe Silva in the past) is in that day.

Jasin High was cut for pushing the ref
Big Country kicked the ref and nothing happened

I take it this is inspired by the Rogan + Lee podcast?

Welcome to the real world TS.
Where people that bring something to the table get a different treatment.

I show up late for work literally every day, but I'm a valued employee and everyone likes me so I've never been in any sort of trouble over it.
Some people have been fired for being late 2 or 3 times. Companies make up the rules that suit their needs as needed. This happens everywhere.

What does this have to do with him potentially fighting in the UFC?
?

there is a precedent, no matter how flimsy, for the UFC to drop/not sign guys who've been outed as domestic abusers...

Cody East, etc...

are you saying "evidence of domestic abuse" isn't an actual conviction? I don't know the details, here

btw
DO RANKINGS MATTER?

They’re a private company. They can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want with the people contracted to them.

Daley was a joke that couldn’t even win a title eliminator. Convict made the company money. They’re both garbage and I’m glad neither is in the UFC.

Unfortunately, it's a private company that can terminate contracts as they see fit.

They don't have to be fair and impartial. This isn't court, they have an inalienable right to protect their "bottom line", by whatever actions they deem necessary.

It's not the happy outcome alot would like to see, but that's business

Conor - No disciplinary action for the bus incident despite causing fights cancelled and causing injuries along with the bad image for the sport.
Greg Hardy - After being booted from NFL signed to compete for UFC contract despite evidence of domestic violence.

Only a couple of examples, feel free to add more but the UFC has a serious issue and have exposed for only taking action if the PR outweighs the loss.

Basically boils down to how big if a draw you are. Simple as that.

?

there is a precedent, no matter how flimsy, for the UFC to drop/not sign guys who've been outed as domestic abusers...

Cody East, etc...

are you saying "evidence of domestic abuse" isn't an actual conviction? I don't know the details, here

btw
DO RANKINGS MATTER?

You guys should know by now that there ISN'T going to be any consistency to anything they do other than to do what it takes to make a profit.

Stop with the phony morality bullshit.

Completely relevant - 3 weeks ago.

And you missed a LOT of examples on both sides.

You guys should know by now that there ISN'T going to be any consistency to anything they do other than to do what it takes to make a profit.

Stop with the phony morality bullshit.
lol I've long ago given up on Dana being consistent w this shit, hence the "flimsy precedent" I referred to

but you... you're just the woke-est guy around

edit- bring back Daley, Palhares, etc, imo

Jeremy Stephens arrested for nearly beating a man to death just before a fight night. Dana tries to bail him out and keep him on the card. Nate Marquardt gets cut for failing a testosterone test and ruining a main event on a fight night.

I heard Leslie Smith was cut because she refused to fight somebody who missed weight and she has the option to do that

There's a formula. $$$$ divided by risk. The higher the number the better.

McGregor is 10000000000000000000/1000

Daley is like 1000/10000

Rumble getting cut for not making weight is kinda harsh though really. Whoever they had coaching this poor kid initially trying to make him compete at welterweight was absolutely absurd.

The difference is Conor is a mega star and the rest of the people aren't

Back