UFC PPVs in 2017 vs Bellator NYC PPV

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you guys think the Bellator NYC PPV stacks up compared to the UFC PPVs in 2017?

I think the Bellator PPV is the most stacked and intriguing PPV of the year. It has something for everyone.

Legend fights for the casuals (Sonnen vs Wand, Fedor vs Meathead) and relevant top ranked matchups for the hardcores (Lima vs Larkin for the WW gold, Davis vs Bader 2 for the LHW gold, Chandler vs Primus for the LW gold). It also has the debut of the phenom and the best prospect in MMA today Aaron Pico.

Let's not forget it's also the return of Mike "IT IS ALL OVER, JUST LIKE THAT!" Goldberg.

I will be ordering this PPV and my friends and I can't wait to watch it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
2nd best behind 211, but we have legit welterweight fight in Lima and larkenz and Fedor, plus others. This might be my favorite and most pumped till Jones vs cormier

i only care about larkin fight legit others idk

It's fun & definitely the best card Bellator has ever made. Really don't know what the numbers will look like though.

Seems like a good card for the hardcore MMA fans. I like to watch Bellator, WSOF, etc aside from the UFC and the card seems fantastic to me. For the casual fan or the strictly UFC fan it might not. Still I like to see the growth of Bellator slowly but surely.

Idk I think its the two big fights are 5 years too late. Id pay for the next couple ufc events over this any day. Bellator is shooting its self in the foot by promoting old men with little left over the champions.

In my opinion when you start out on free or cable TV and get people use to that throwing their best event at you force fed style on PPV seems like 100k buy at best.
It's like all of a sudden they threw a Monday night football game on PPV people would laugh so hard the east coast could hear the west coast laughing.
They tried it once already and it bombed. I am pulling for them though because I hate the UFC and Dana White because of many reasons . Dana is so rich now him falling on his face would not be near as satisfying but I will take what I can get.

Back to the question, none of the fighters on the Bellator card could stay relevant in the UFC except larkin and his fighting style did that, he is not a contender for a UFC belt.
people want to give a shit about Fedor only because his name is Fedor but nobody gives a flying shit about him expect.
Casual fans who are still mesmerized by his ignorance I guess but when ask about Chael he said he talks to much well that is true you dumb ass You have to sell the fight and that is done through speaking not fucking sign language

Half of those fights could headline a UFC fight-night card. Only two are really PPV material, and one of those would just be for nostalgia's sake...

Last edited:
Prime vs Prime fights >> washed up, paycheck hunting, B-level fighters competing.

This card is awesome! Much better than every UFC PPV card so far. Bellator is growing and UFC is going downhill.

LOL casuals barely know Fedor. The only draw in that card is Sonnen he is not even as popular as he used to be.

I'd say it does around 130k

In my opinion when you start out on free or cable TV and get people use to that throwing their best event at you force fed style on PPV seems like 100k buy at best.
It's like all of a sudden they threw a Monday night football game on PPV people would laugh so hard the east coast could hear the west coast laughing.
They tried it once already and it bombed. I am pulling for them though because I hate the UFC and Dana White because of many reasons . Dana is so rich now him falling on his face would not be near as satisfying but I will take what I can get.

Back to the question, none of the fighters on the Bellator card could stay relevant in the UFC except larkin and his fighting style did that, he is not a contender for a UFC belt.
people want to give a shit about Fedor only because his name is Fedor but nobody gives a flying shit about him expect.
Casual fans who are still mesmerized by his ignorance I guess but when ask about Chael he said he talks to much well that is true you dumb ass You have to sell the fight and that is done through speaking not fucking sign language
You don't think Douglas Lima, Michael Chandler, Phil Davis, or Ryan Bader can stay relevant in the UFC?

I can see both Lima and Chandler easily contending for the LW and WW titles in the UFC respectively. Phil Davis and Ryan Bader are both top 5 LHWs in the world and I can see them winning the UFC title, especially with Rumble retired.

You sir are an idiot.

Have a good day.

Sonnen was easily beaten by washed up Tito, he shouldnt be headlining PPVs. Likewise, Fedor and Meathead wouldnt even be top ten in the anemic UFC HW division. That fight means nothing to me as well.

Lima vs. Larkin is a great fight. I want to watch it but not enough to pay fifty bucks

Chandler vs. Primus is a squash match, the challeger is only 7-0 with the last two wins by split decision.

Bader vs. Davis is a good fight from a competitive point of view, they are both top ten, maybe top five guys in the division. Thr fight itself is likely to stink, like their first fight did.

211 wipes it's ass with this card. 210 was better too.

Never been a huge Bellator fan. But come on. Fedor is fighting and might be one of his last. Not going to miss this.

You don't think Douglas Lima, Michael Chandler, Phil Davis, or Ryan Bader can stay relevant in the UFC?

I can see both Lima and Chandler easily contending for the LW and WW titles in the UFC respectively. Phil Davis and Ryan Bader are both top 5 LHWs in the world and I can see them winning the UFC title, especially with Rumble retired.

You sir are an idiot.

Have a good day.

Chandler was beaten twice by Brooks who has gone 1-2 being finished in the two losses and the win being against a guy who is probably getting his walking papers soon. Chandler is overrated and would get eaten alive by the stacked LW division. He also would probably look much different competing under USADA.

Lima, Bader, and Davis are top ten fighters.

Sonnen was easily beaten by washed up Tito, he shouldnt be headlining PPVs. Likewise, Fedor and Meathead wouldnt even be top ten in the anemic UFC HW division. That fight means nothing to me as well.

Lima vs. Larkin is a great fight. I want to watch it but not enough to pay fifty bucks

Chandler vs. Primus is a squash match, the challeger is only 7-0 with the last two wins by split decision.

Bader vs. Davis is a good fight from a competitive point of view, they are both top ten, maybe top five guys in the division. Thr fight itself is likely to stink, like their first fight did.

211 wipes it's ass with this card. 210 was better too.
Hi Dana

Half of those fights could headline a UFC fight-night card. Only two are really PPV material, and one of those would just be for nostalgia's sake...

All true... but if we're realistic, and we imagine the UFC having all these fighters right now, and putting on the exact same card, it would be pretty damned big.

Chandler was beaten twice by Brooks who has gone 1-2 being finished in the two losses and the win being against a guy who is probably getting his walking papers soon. Chandler is overrated and would get eaten alive by the stacked LW division. He also would probably look much different competing under USADA.

Larkin is top 5. He beat Jorge Masvidal and demolished Magny in less than a round in his last 2 fights.

The top LWs from both orgs have moved around and fought one another enough that it's pretty clear there's a cluster of them at the top that could all beat one another on any given night, regardless of what org they happen to be in at the moment.

I don't know how many buys it will do, its very hard to predict. I wouldn't be shocked if it beat or matched the UFC PPV numbers this year which has been hovering between 200k-300k so far in 2017 events

Back