Reaction score
UFC 208 PPV buys: 200,000
UFC 209 PPV buys: 250,000
UFC 210 PPV buys: 300,000
UFC 211 PPV buys: 300,000
UFC 212 PPV buys: 200,000
UFC 213 PPV buys: 130,000
UFC 214 PPV buys: 850,000

UFC have sold roughly 2,250,000 PPVs in total this entire year. And it's the 8th month of the year.
dana_white-surgery.png

Conors last PPV sold more than the UFC has sold in total in 2017. (Pre UFC 214)

vQ7RYW.gif

And you wonder why Dana is trying to make this Mayweather fight? It will sell more PPVs than UFC will sell in a whole year without Conor.

WME got screwed worse than Bret.
2aaf733c946424e1a1bb6eefa4f6c03c.jpg

*UFC 214 was a PPV success. It sold more PPVs than the last 3 PPVs combined. Jones is clearly the guy that needs to be handled right. Him vs Brock is a safe fight and a box office success guaranteed. Let LHW rebuild a bit and make this fight.

Jones vs Lesnar at the end of the year would be the only card without Conor that UFC could break 1 million PPVs with and it sets things up for Jones to fight better HWs or continue as a LHW. Makes far too much sense and money.

Last edited:
Damn UFC 211 only sold 300k? It seems like 80% of people who buy Conor and Ronda's fights were total casuals

If only Stipe had been black and muscular and able to talk trash.

Are you comparing and event card like UFC 205 first time ever in NY at the Garden to this leftovers cards ?

Like seriously the first decent card of the year was UFC 211 and first rumors are around 350k for it.

I think they spent more in a week promoting 205 then all this other cards so far combined.

And Rogan was talking shit about ggg only selling 150,000 ppvs ,shit hes matching your whole league. And his only one man

Are you comparing and event card like UFC 205 first time ever in NY at the Garden to this leftovers cards ?

Like seriously the first decent card of the year was UFC 211 and first rumors are around 350k for it.

I think they spent more in a week promoting 205 then all this other cards so far combined.

We can compare any Conor PPV to this year? The Diaz rematch was even more successful and was a much worse card.

We can compare any Conor PPV to this year? The Diaz rematch was even more successful and was a much worse card.

Yea the circus act sure did help boost the sells.

But don't make any mistake about it Conor was built up and supported 100% by the UFC he went on tours and was on event type cards.

Last edited:
Anyone who says Conor needs the UFC more than the UFC needs Conor is wrong. They need each other.

In the absence of Brock, GSP and Ronda, Conor is critical.

Fastest growing sport in the world, boys.

Yea the circus act sure did help boost the sells.

But don't many any mistake about it Conor was built up and support 100% by the UFC he went on tours and was on event type cards.

I agree. They both helped each other. But it's easy to see why Dana and co want this Mayweather fight. It's not just for Conor.

Weird, if you look at some of the non-Conor PPVs last year too, it seems like 300k is the new normal threshold for a PPV. And then you have one fighter who can quadruple that number with ease.

I'd love to know how much the UFC really takes home after running a "normal" PPV.

UFC 208 PPV buys: 200,000
UFC 209 PPV buys: 250,000
UFC 210 PPV buys: 300,000
UFC 211 PPV buys: 300,000

2 things
209 did 300k & there are no definite numbers for 211 yet
I posted Meltzer said early reports have it in that range but its still early to give a number

Weird, if you look at some of the non-Conor PPVs last year too, it seems like 300k is the new normal threshold for a PPV. And then you have one fighter who can quadruple that number with ease.

I'd love to know how much the UFC really takes home after running a "normal" PPV.

Makes you wonder how small the MMA fanbase is compared to the casual base who will follow the stars.

2 things
209 did 300k & there are no definite numbers for 211 yet
I posted Meltzer said early reports have it in that range but its still early to give a number

Yep I was reading your thread and it made me think. You are a credit to this forum.

{<redford}

This shows what a bum sport MMA has become. It cannot survive without casuals and their $$. Where are the so called million hardcore fans?

<Fedor23>

It's basically what they asked for when they let Conor go / overbooked the rest of 2016....And let champs wait for money fights.....Also they let some great fighters go. These guys like Rory and Bendo could still headline some of those smaller cards.

Nate Diaz is still waiting for that payday. Who knows how much he would sell without Conor. They should at least try to book him as a headliner.

Yep I was reading your thread and it made me think. You are a credit to this forum.

{<redford}

Thank you my man. Nice to read in-between some nitwit remarks (not ITT yet)
But yes, PPV is down (point of thread) lol

Back