UFC PPV sales 2017 *updated for UFC 214*

"Past figures". OK buddy.

LOL 70% is a rough estimate. They averaged about 650K buys per card in 2016. This year they're on pace for about 250-275k. Since PPV is still overwhelmingly their main source of revenue we can assume at least a 50% drop off in revenue versus same period last year. Add in other correlated sources of revenue and you're looking at least a 60% drop..

Imagine Google announcing they would see a 50% decline in revenue vs 2016. There would be shareholders rioting in the streets..

Have a good one
I would love for you to go to a financial discussion area & post about your "UFC will make 60-70% less" this year & see if they were a nice as I was.

you hit the bottom of the logic barrel.

Oh & PPV is not UFC's "overwhelming main source of revenue"
I don't think I ever seen a post that got EVERYTHING wrong before lol

TAKE CARE

Weird you said its like MMA
I'd say more like UFC

if a Stern fan dislikes THSS currently that means its dying & nobody listens
Yet SXM keeps paying him insane money to broadcast

It is similar to some on here lol

Right now MMA might as well be the UFC to most, but this is very true.

The relationship between the THSS and many of it's fans mirrors the relationship between the UFC and many of it's fans.
Instead of supporting something you obviously enjoy and doing your part to improve it, many would rather shit all over it and complain about every aspect of it, whether warranted or not.

@Tamriel Terror
I just realized something
He replied to me
"Past figures". OK buddy.

Which somehow negates my very detailed post & ..............
he then post PAST FIGURES to try & make his point?

Purely Amazing

He is all yours if you want him lol

or @tithas if he does ;)

We don't know the exact fox and international tv rights fees. They must be extremely large. I have been to UFC fight nights where there are only 5k people in basketball arenas.

We don't know the exact fox and international tv rights fees. They must be extremely large. I have been to UFC fight nights where there are only 5k people in basketball arenas.

Current Fox deal is out there (I gave some info ITT)
International, some are

Damn those #'s are pretty crappy. To be fair no one had fought this year that is a big draw. It's crazy how popular Conor really is.

Current deal expires this year.

in 2018 it does, but the current deal is out there.
Fox has until 12/31 to negotiate alone with UFC. Maybe that is why you thought this year.

@tithas @ThePeoplesMMA @Codpiece @wilKO @Hardkore @Drake

Tagged a few that I know like this info

I went looking for some info I was not 100% on & ...

UFC's current Fox deal averages about $110m a year for 7 years. Topping off at about $150m in 2018.
Like most TV deals it escalated yearly.
Also UFC carries ALL cost for production. That was something Lorenzo insisted on & Ari is not a fan of.
Expected US TV bidders are Fox (*huge favorite) Turner & NBC with others (ESPN most likely bidding but not $300m per)
As I said in many threads, UFC is open to a true partner as far as UFC goes or just a partial partner (content distribution related) **
& ... like I & many others have posted, the WME era begins with this deal *** - no matter how badly some think Ari lives & dies by every PPV & rating ;)

_

* Fox Sports is considered a front-runner to renew the deal because UFC programming is a big part of FS1’s schedule and generally draws the channel’s biggest ratings. FS1’s program schedule would have a big hole to fill if the UFC went to another network.

** The package the UFC will take to market will include the rights to four annual broadcast windows that Fox now holds, six annual cable events and weekly programming on Fox Sports 1, plus the UFC’s over-the-top Fight Pass service. It is not expected to include the UFC’s lucrative pay-per-view business, which will likely be retained by WME-IMG. But some media executives believe any winning bidder will have more of a say in what matches will be part of the UFC’s pay-per-view events. Whether a network will share in some of the PPV revenue is a deal point that will be negotiated, sources said.

*** The negotiations mark the first significant deal under the UFC’s new owners, WME-IMG, who paid $4 billion for the company in July. Much of the company’s aggressive bid was based on leveraging the UFC’s media rights around the world, especially domestically. This will test its bullish attitude about the marketplace.
The UFC’s timing is noteworthy. On the plus side, it comes when most major sports rights are tied up well into the next decade, making the UFC appealing to media companies looking to grow their audience with the UFC’s fans, who are coveted by all networks because of their youth and passion.

Above info from Meltzer, SBJ at various times since the deal
Giving rights for fight pass seems like a very interesting move to me. If fox gets it what are the odds ufc content can get played over a fox digital element? Moving production cost to the partner also means they can significantly lower operating cost on a per event basis.

@Tamriel Terror
I just realized something
He replied to me

Which somehow negates my very detailed post & ..............
he then post PAST FIGURES to try & make his point?

Purely Amazing

He is all yours if you want him lol

or @tithas if he does ;)
Nah I stopped trying to show people how to add and subtract once my kids got out of 1st grade.

Giving rights for fight pass seems like a very interesting move to me. If fox gets it what are the odds ufc content can get played over a fox digital element? Moving production cost to the partner also means they can significantly lower operating cost on a per event basis.

Yes, supposedly that hurt negotiations with other networks in 2010, they wanted control & to pick own broadcasters, etc., but Lorenzo said no - he likes control.
Ari likes money & keeping partners happy lol

I respect Lorenzo for doing so though. Main has pride & sticks to what he wants.

Back