UFC on Fuel 9 Update Thread (DON'T START NEW THREADS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the names "Mousasi" or "Gustafsson" are mentioned, they get lumped in this thread. It's very hard to go through 175 pages to find info and very annoying.

Yeah exactly, wtf is going on, thisis insane. Sherdog is getting worse for fresh info. Over modding everything until it becomes a pain to find

I hope you're not being serious.

You're not suggesting that the statement you quoted from Mousasi could possibly have any sort of impact on the decision made by the SMMAF in allowing Gustafsson to fight or not, are you?

A doctor will examine the cut, and if the doctor determines that the cut will act as a disadvantage for Gustafsson during the fight, and could possibly jeopardize his health and future career, Gustafsson can't fight. That's it. There's no process of speculating on wheter or not Gustafsson's opponent is going to target the cut or not: it's a real possibility that they simply have to work around of, basically by not letting the fight happen in the first place, with the conditions at hand.

SMMAF's doctor makes the final call and he knows what's at stake I can assure you. The big question is if the SMMAF can sell it to the politicians at L

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>UFC news my guys fight Saturday agains Musasi!!! What you think? UFC just contact me about Saturday,UFC acabeu de me ligar o que acha?</p>&mdash; Wanderlei Silva (@wandfc) <a href="https://twitter.com/wandfc/status/318858977913995264">April 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And what kind of a statement would, exactly?

Let's assume that Mousasi had told Helwani that he's absolutely not going to target the cut, and instead, is going to avoid even touching it at all costs. Would such a statement, in your opinion, hold legitimacy sufficient enough to convince the politicians to let Gustafsson, who's been deemed by a doctor to not be in suitable fighting condition for a licensed MMA bout, to fight?

No, but that's a hyperbole and not relevant to him saying he WILL try to target it and make it worse. It doesn't leave much room for willful ignorance and it eliminates any option the SMMAF had in playing the injury down to the politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back