UFC on FOX Lee vs Iaquinta Underwhelming

USA!USA!

Country Over Party
@Silver
Reaction score
Outside of the main event of Lee vs Iaquinta, this card is lacking in name value/relevancy BIG TIME.

I consider myself somewhat of a hardcore, but this card does nothing for me at all outside of the main event. Barboza-Hooker is an OK fight but neither of them are that relevant in the division right now either.. I guess with a win Hooker would be up there, but I'm still not that excited for it.

Is anyone at all out there excited for this card?

Main card:
Lightweight
Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta
Lightweight Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker
Bantamweight Rob Font vs. Sergio Pettis
Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira

Prelims:
Welterweight
Zak Ottow vs. Dwight Grant
Lightweight Bobby Green vs. Drakkar Klose
Lightweight Jared Gordon vs. Joaquim Silva
Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert vs. Jack Hermansson
Featherweight Dan Ige vs. Jordan Griffin
Women's Flyweight Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee
Light Heavyweight Adam Milstead vs. Mike Rodriguez
Middleweight Trevor Smith vs. Zak Cummings
Heavyweight Chris de la Rocha vs. Juan Adams

Main card looks good to me for a fox fight card.TS you don't sound hardcore you sound like a casual.

with the amount of events they got year round not all cards will be great so you just have to hope fights are entertaining.

Meh, it's the last UFC on FOX show.

UFC doesn't care anymore.

Outside of the main event of Lee vs Iaquinta, this card is lacking in name value/relevancy BIG TIME.

I consider myself somewhat of a hardcore, but this card does nothing for me at all outside of the main event. Barboza-Hooker is an OK fight but neither of them are that relevant in the division right now either.. I guess with a win Hooker would be up there, but I'm still not that excited for it.

Is anyone at all out there excited for this card?

Main card:
Lightweight
Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta
Lightweight Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker
Bantamweight Rob Font vs. Sergio Pettis
Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira

Prelims:
Welterweight
Zak Ottow vs. Dwight Grant
Lightweight Bobby Green vs. Drakkar Klose
Lightweight Jared Gordon vs. Joaquim Silva
Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert vs. Jack Hermansson
Featherweight Dan Ige vs. Jordan Griffin
Women's Flyweight Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee
Light Heavyweight Adam Milstead vs. Mike Rodriguez
Middleweight Trevor Smith vs. Zak Cummings
Heavyweight Chris de la Rocha vs. Juan Adams

Hooker is a new prospect and this is his great test.
Andrea Lee is coming off fighting a Nazi husband vs Jessy Jess who head kicked her noodled tattooed moron ex.

And JBG! Don't let Do Bronx have his revenge!
Let Jim Miller humble him again!!

if you consider that this is free i would say main card is decent. also last card on fox so i understand why they dont bring out the big guns.

with the amount of events they got year round not all cards will be great so you just have to hope fights are entertaining.

Oh yeah I am sure there will still be some decent fights, just as far as relevancy/name value it is not great.

Hooker is a new prospect and this is his great test.
Andrea Lee is coming off fighting a Nazi husband vs Jessy Jess who head kicked her noodled tattooed moron ex.

And JBG! Don't let Do Bronx have his revenge!
Let Jim Miller humble him again!!

Better hype job than the UFC has been doing for this one. They should hire you.

Lightweight
Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta <{JustBleed}>
Lightweight Edson Barboza vs. Dan Hooker<{JustBleed}>
Bantamweight Rob Font vs. Sergio Pettis(the hype job)<{JustBleed}>
Lightweight Jim Miller vs. Charles Oliveira (the Brazilian Tony Ferguson with 11 submissions in the UFC)<{JustBleed}>
Featherweight Dan Ige (Khabib's Artem) vs. Jordan Griffin<{JustBleed}>

Last edited:
For a free card, I can't really complain. The main and co-main are solid, Do Bronx always puts on wild, fun scraps, and Bobby Green vs Drakkar could be fire-works.

It is lacking names by fox standards, but if you look at the match ups themselves, they're actually very fun and well matched. Can't think of a single fight on there that has snooze fest written all over it.

Good, I'll watch Canelo Vs Fielding & Lemieux Vs Johnson saturday night instead.

It is lacking names by fox standards, but if you look at the match ups themselves, they're actually very fun and well matched. Can't think of a single fight on there that has snooze fest written all over it.

This is true. Not trying to knock the fighters - I am sure there will be some good fights on here.

I'd be perfectly fine never seeing another Sergio Pettis fight again as long as I live

aside from that?
<Fedor23>

Bobby Green vs Drakkar could be fire-work
Just wanted to mention, that if Drakkar wins , he doesn't need a warwagon.
He should just have a drakkar, because drakkar is a viking war ship....

The main card is pretty spectacular in entertainment value. Those are awesome matchups.

I don't follow WMMA so its basically a gift I get a card where I don't need to take a break in the middle of it.

Back