UFC on Fox 31 Iaquinta vs Lee II

Like iaquinta, font, klose and aloevera. Not sure about iaquinta but crazy, crazy value. It's a very competitive fight and kevin should be just a slight fav. Shades of ngannou vs blaydes
Yeah, I missed that. :)

Is GM3 good dog @ close to +200?

Green might actually be a good spot there. Klose is gonna give him a brawl, and Green does well in those.
Green had a great chin b4 but all those wars had caught up to him. I think his chin is cracked now. He can still win this fight if he executes a good game plan cuz he has the skill to do it. Green can hang in the clinch with Klose. His wrestling is solid. He has better hands than Klose. Klose has a really effective low kick which one of his main weapons. Dont rememner Green being good at checking kicks. A few of those land and it's trouble.

Only have small bets on Green and Iaquinta, I will prob bet more but I want to do some more analysis before I go deep. I expect the lines to tighten up a bit so I jumped early. This Dwight Grant guy looks to be terrible but not jumping to bet Ottow. Cummings moving to MW to face a strong wrestler even if it is Smith is a bad idea, could see him losing this fight but again, not jumping to bet Smith. Meerschaert looks like a good play, not sure where his line will move but havent bet that yet. Jordan Griffin looks promising but I'm goin to have to look into that more. Not excited to bet any favorites on this card but my favorite favorite is Font. Adams should run through Rocha but -370 though?

Green had a great chin b4 but all those wars had caught up to him. I think his chin is cracked now. He can still win this fight if he executes a good game plan cuz he has the skill to do it. Green can hang in the clinch with Klose. His wrestling is solid. He has better hands than Klose. Klose has a really effective low kick which one of his main weapons. Dont rememner Green being good at checking kicks. A few of those land and it's trouble.
I disagree about his chin. Only been stopped by porier and that was 2.5 years ago. Means stopped him almost 9 years ago

And klose isn’t the guy who would be able to exploit it anyway

Looking over these lines and just feel like a lot are way too wide

Added
Silva ml
Meerschaert ml

To the dog list

Sergio Pettis at +155 might be worth a stab. Jussier frustrated him with grappling but Rob Font will be looking to strike. I’m not sure Sergio drops 2 fights in a row. +155 might be a great price for him

Font has attempted takedowns in every fight except against Assuncao and Muhnoz for obv reasons. Font has also gotten the takedown in every fight that he has attempted them except against Lineker and Roop(because he KOed Roop in <3 minutes). I dont see why he wont mix it up a bit here unless he KOs Pettis quickly.

Because big bets on a sport like this is a terrible idea. Especially against a guy like Ortega. Its not about how many people won big on Holloway cause thats not actually smart. Its about how many lost big on Ortega when he was at evens with a guy as great as Holloway.

Regardless, its irrelevant to this thread.
How can you say it isn't smart to bet big on Holloway? That line was way off and that's what Holloway backers saw, and they profited on it. You don't know what type of bankroll guys have, a 1k bet is only a unit for some people. Very smart, profitable bet on Holloway at evens and even + money.

Pettis is the far superior striker, his massive power and amazing volume combined with his tremendous reach and takedown defense makes him a nightmare match up for everyone. I cap pettis at -300, this line is a steal.
Uhhh are you sure you are talking about the right Pettis here

How can you say it isn't smart to bet big on Holloway? That line was way off and that's what Holloway backers saw, and they profited on it. You don't know what type of bankroll guys have, a 1k bet is only a unit for some people. Very smart, profitable bet on Holloway at evens and even + money.
I mean big in terms of units and a unit shouldn't be some huge percentage of your bankroll. The betting is about long term profit not just putting all your cash on one guy and hoping he wins cause the idea of locks in MMA is ridiculous. So yes I had a few units riding on Holloway even if I was confident in him and not surprised at all by the result.

If I had bet half my bankroll on him it wouldn't of made it a smart decision at all regardless of a win.

I didn't expected you acting like that... thought you had some class. :(
Nice. Ignore, buddy.
Dude you make 3U bets on guys like Bochniak with the justification being you were impressed by how he was basically good at getting beaten up. I don't even want to mention the 5U parlays. Sorry but watching you try and talk the talk with guys I've seen posting here for months is laughable.

Last edited:
@Gugabe @conmemay
Green does not check kicks at all. I honestly think this is going to be a close contested fight but Klose is taking a decision by being more aggressive and active.
I wont blame anybody for betting on Green at +270 tho. There is no value at all in Klose at the current odds. Lets hope the FGTD and Klose decision are not too juicy (probably will).

Haven seen talks about Juan Adams vs De la Rocha. I know CDLR sucks and Adams has some hype behind him.. but it is hard not to bet in a HW at +310. Specially when he fights a 4-0 guy who has never been out of round 1.

Font is -172 now (was around -195 IIRC). Do you guys think his line is going to improve?

Overall I hate this card for betting. Was expecting Lee line to improve so I could freeroll my Iaquinta action and guarantee a win but I see Lee is even a bigger favorite right now.

Edit: 0.5u on Green to win 1.35u.

Al Iaquinta is far too big of an underdog to Kevin Lee in this rematch. Al won the first fight and looked good in his sporadic appearances since then, even though Lee is very good, I have to hit Al at this price of +260.

Same for Edson Barboza as a +105 underdog to Dan Hooker. Hooker looks impressive and much improved lately but not sure Edson should be an underdog to him at this point, Hooker hasn't beaten someone with Edson's kicking game or experience.

I will wait.

Even if such video exists, what the hell would it prove? Sparring is very different than an actual fight. Muhammed Ali would look horrible sparring, and get "dominated" by a slew of journeymen people never heard of.

Conor McGregor has lost sparring sessions to Artem Lobov and other assorted scrubs. Most recently, Cody Garbrandt trumpeted how badly he supposedly dominated TJ Dillishaw in sparring, and there was probably even some truth to it. Lot of good it did him.

Judging fighters based on sparring exploits against teammates is only slightly better than trying to judge them based on how they look and sound in interviews.

I will be taking some shares of Sergio Pettis, good to see him fight again, lol not sure about Jim Miler. Anyone have any thoughts for Miler?

I will be taking some shares of Sergio Pettis, good to see him fight again, lol not sure about Jim Miler. Anyone have any thoughts for Miler?

I can trust Oliveira (I know, I know) to be a piece in, for me, a rare parlay.

I thought Miller was quite good in his last outing where he sparked and subbed Alex white in the 1st round. He sighted his recent couple of years bad form was due to limes disease he got from a tick bite that lay undetected for 2 years. Once he got diagnosed and found out how to live with the condition he says he has changed the way he trains and lives and is feeling more himself again.

After UFC 231 and NFL today I have decided to take a break for a good while I'm only 24 so i have time.. Best of luck to all and congrats to the Holloway backers and anyone who made money last night

Back