UFC on FOX 28 does 1,826,000 viewers

I think it helped that the Olympics were Figure Skating and Women's Curling. I don't think there's a lot of overlap with MMA fans on those 2.

Of course not a million viewers worth, but sports hurts sports when there is competition.
Olympics are big with families viewing together, so for decades they hurt other sports on the same time.
Heck a lot of major TV series went on hiatus during Olympics for that reason

solid for mma ratings these days, NO?

Of course not a million viewers worth, but sports hurts sports when there is competition.
Olympics are big with families viewing together, so for decades they hurt other sports on the same time.
Heck a lot of major TV series went on hiatus during Olympics for that reason

It doesn't help that in S.F. Bay Area, CA, where I live, didn't even have the event on their Main Fox channel last night. They had it on Fox Extra, while our Main Fox affiliate showed the Chinese New Year parade from downtown San Francisco. True story.

They also show our Bellator cards 3 hours late here and Comcast doesn't offer Fox Sports 2, so we tend to get screwed a bit trying to watch live out here.

The point is, if some of these networks and MMA companies were so worried about their ratings, maybe they'd fix some of their own problems getting the shit out to the markets.

Back