UFC on FOX 26: Rafael Dos Anjos full post-fight interview

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
heh, this is an awesome listen.

RDA says that his strategy was to chew up Lawlers lead leg, so he couldn't set down on his punches lke he normally likes to.

Says he thought he might have been able to finish him. if it weren't for his hands HURTING from hitting Robbies rock-like head. lol

RDA is a cerebral fighter.

Aldo needs to pay attention to the things that RDA has done, including:

- Go up, and fight at his more natural weight.
- Change up camps. Time to move on from Dede, I'd love to see him at Kings MMA.
- Get a better S&C coach, someone like a Nick Curson...or Nick Curson :/
- USE YOUR FUCKING LEG KICKS...and more then just a few times (like his last fight).
- Mix up your game. You're not a boxer, you're an MMA fighter, fight like one, use all of your tools.
- Mentally. RDA has an impressive mindset, even after losing.

RDA is a beast. Years ago people didn't take him seriously as a LW contender, then he goes on to win and defend the belt. Then losses the belt, and a few hard fights...what does he do, reinvents himself-again. Huge props.

Last edited:
great fight, great strategy. Lawler's legs were fucked, couldn't do shit, kept falling down

RDA was too much for Lawler. Looks like a young man vs an old man in there. Way stronger too.

- USE YOUR FUCKING LEG KICKS...and more then just a few times (like his last fight).
- Mix up your game. You're not a boxer, you're an MMA fighter, fight like one, use all of your tools.

RDA is a beast. Years ago people didn't take him seriously as a LW contender, then he goes on to win and defend the belt. Then losses the belt, and a few hard fights...what does he do, reinvents himself-again. Huge props.

Was a tough fight for me to watch. Lawler is my boy but I am happy that it was RDA with a great strategy who won.

Was a tough fight for me to watch. Lawler is my boy but I am happy that it was RDA with a great strategy who won.

Oh man, I'm a huge Robbie fan as well. I thought it could go either way, going into the fight. RDA had to earn that W, that's for sure.

I completely can't understand his success at welterweight, he looks like he is giving away a lot in size but he just doesn't give a fuck. Dude has ice cold balls of steel

USADA does a good job of cleaning the sport, though it is far from perfect

I completely can't understand his success at welterweight, he looks like he is giving away a lot in size but he just doesn't give a fuck. Dude has ice cold balls of steel

Yeah, Robbie dwarfed him.

But he sliced through Lawler like melted butter.

Did NOT expect that to happen.

He took it to him though.

Same thing with Magny. He was like half his size. But dude has a nasty skill-set.

Back