UFC on Fox 26 does low numbers

NFL games on last night too. Plus college bowl games. Has to have an effect.

I dunno that 23 second combo by RDA and the chin of Perry excited me as a viewer.
Well I expected at least one brutal KO from those fights. They weren't bad fights, they just had potential to be much more than they turned out to be.

They need to air more fights on Christmas eve in States lol. Reruns of Brown/Cerrone and Choi/Cub did some amazing numbers last year.

I thought Perry/Ponz was good and I enjoyed at least the first two rounds of Lawler/RDA...

I agree about RDA/Lawler first 2 rounds were awesome but after Lawlers knee got injured he stayed a sitting duck.

Perry/Ponz was ok but it should have been better I thought

It would be better to have a look at all UFC on Fox ratings, or even just all cards from 2017-2016.

For example, UFC on Fox 25 did 1.64. This means that last night was about 9% better.

UFC on Fox 23 had very similar numbers to 24. What we're seeing is really the cumulative effect of constant, and oft watered down cards, not a true indicator of overall MMA health.

Get mighty mouse on that. He's the king of the free cards and always puts on a good match.

(1) There are too many events. It's overkill.

It's like when you try a new food and love it. But it's just not as good the 100th time you eat it. This even applies with sex. The first time you sleep with a particular woman vs. the 100th time.

(2) 13 fights stretched over 6 to 7 hours is overkill. What other sporting event goes that long? What other anything entertainment related goes that long (the new Star Wars movie is two hours and a half)? By the time the main card or main event starts, fans are drained.

(3) Cord cutting.

To be fair Cyborg-Holm is headlining the nye card because no one else was available and they didn't want to pay Diaz 15 million dollars.

But the reason no one was available is because they're putting too many championship fights on one card. 217 was great, but three title fights? And why does UFC 220 have to have 2 title fights? They're only thinking short term ever since going to WME. The long term ramifications comes back to bite.

That's why they're advertising the Holm/Cyborg fight so much. With crazy advertising!

In the ad I saw last night, Cyborg whipped out her nine inch cock and waved it around. And I have to admit, nine inches is a pretty wide she cock. Pretty wide indeed.

I'm talking about Perry/Ponz and Lawler/RDA not living up to its potential

Casual fans might not have known who the fighters were, but after the event you could be sure they'll remember at least Lawler's and Perry's names... the other two they'll just call Pinocchio and RDA.

I guess you must have been expecting two brutal knockouts and didn't get what you wanted... doesn't mean they weren't good fights.

NFL was on at the same time

To be fair Cyborg-Holm is headlining the nye card because no one else was available and they didn't want to pay Diaz 15 million dollars.

I know, it just seems like the Holm vs Cyborg fight would do much better if it was on the Fox card. That PPV although it has some compelling fights, will not do good numbers imo. That main event is legit the worst main event for a NYE card that I’ve seen in maybe forever.

Going up against the NFL is never good...

Avengers premiere this weekend bro, that's why

EDIT: Oh wait that was 3 years ago

(1) There are too many events. It's overkill.

It's like when you try a new food and love it. But it's just not as good the 100th time you eat it. This even applies with sex. The first time you sleep with a particular woman vs. the 100th time.

(2) 13 fights stretched over 6 to 7 hours is overkill. What other sporting event goes that long? What other anything entertainment related goes that long (the new Star Wars movie is two hours and a half)? By the time the main card or main event starts, fans are drained.

(3) Cord cutting.
Fox only showed 4 fights, you don't have to watch every fight unless you want to but they break the same card up over 3 different channels/platforms. The people that watch Fight Pass prelims, then turn to FSI for those prelims, then to Fox for the main card are doing so because they want to and are more than casual fans.

MMA is dying.

FACT: Boxing > MMA.

Back