UFC on ESPN + pacing

Its already starting 4 in the morning where i am so no. + streaming it illegally does not help. Stopped paying for events after wmma and usada got forced on us

Lol that's your own problem then. It's not like you can complain.

I like how this became a discussion about being a fan and having a life haha. I was just curious if the fights would be quicker since you would hope there would be less commercials.

I just went to TUF 28 Finale live and it was tough to get through and I have been to many PPV fights live. With all the finishes, there was about 45 minutes of down time in between some fights.

I DVR most fight nights and start about 2 hours into them. By the time I skip through the commercials Im caught up to the main event.

I realize I'm in the minority in this one.

I don't care about the pacing. Doesn't bother me at all.

You're lucky... I can't stay focused through 6-8 hours of fights anymore... I don't care about the fucks at the desk yapping, fuck your commercials every chance they get... the same promo for the next fight 16 times when NO cards stand out from each other anymore, and you know its gonna be every other week or so anyway....

It just drags on and seems slow as hell to me anymore and I can't stay focused.... Unless you're there live. When you're there live the pacing seems fine.

I am wondering if anyone has any info on the pacing for the ufc on espn+ cards. Currently the FS1 cards and up until the main card PPVS all have a strict schedule.

1 1/2 to 2hours for the pre-prelims (this would be your fightpass fights, which to my understanding are moving to espn+) there are usually 3-4 fights here

2 hours for your FS1 prelims which to my understanding are moving to big espn for some reason. 4 fights here.

Then you have the main card.

My question is, will the pacing ever be better for these cards? especially the main card? Will it move at a quicker pace like PPV's or will we be stuck with the same format of 4 fights in 2 hours? The fightpass exclusive cards move at a better pace not being on network tv so im wondering if this will improve with the move to a digital service.
@FrankieNYC Any news on this? or are we stuck with 7 hour long cards forever? Discuss.

I haven't heard of any changes.
Since UFC kept production, I would guess it's the same

If you substitute 2 mcdoubles or an Strabucks ice coffee every month, you will be fine

Back