UFC Officials: "Conor Was Supposed to Fight @ UFC 219 But Pulled Due to Bellator Incident". | Page 21

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Arkridge, Nov 13, 2017.

1. T. Hope Purple Belt

T. Hope
    I miss the days when fighters... you know... fought. lol

Conor is enjoying every dollar he’s milking out of his naive, unintelligent sheep fans. He’s absolutely no legend. Never will be.

2. SherdogJoe Black Belt

SherdogJoe
    Yeah because title defenses are just like the only important thing in mma right lol?

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  3. Rust Cohle Yellow Belt

Rust Cohle
    Strip that belt.

Psychedelic and V-Money like this.
  4. Albert Anselmi White Belt

Albert Anselmi
    You appear to be insane.

paynebringer and Zefram Cochrane like this.
  5. frye666 Brown Belt

frye666
    ???? How do you think Conor won a title? It was because the champ at the time defended his belt. It actually is quite important.

lol

6. HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

HI SCOTT NEWMAN
    So bored and tired of it all. Just strip him and be done with it. Would be funny to see him gas out and get choked out by Tony, but whatever. So bored of it all now. Give the belt to Tony, he is the real champ anyway, done million times more at LW than Conor

7. JM Barrie White Belt

JM Barrie
    I don't believe this to be true.
    It wasn't going to fight So soon. 219 would be 2 months sense Tony fought. Max is fighting Aldo. Is the UFC saying that once again Conor would not have been defending is belt?

If this is true then that is what the UFC is saying, that he wasn't going to defend a belt for UFC 219. Just a fight.
    The boy is scared, if true.

8. fzoid4454 Purple Belt

fzoid4454
    I'd normally laugh this off as nonsense, but does anyone want to argue with the idea that if there was even a 2% chance that he'd be fighting in less than two months time, the UFC would have publicizing it non-stop? Would we really only be hearing about Conor being on a card seven weeks away when they tell us they "pull" him?

9. Thuckey Currently Reading: Memories of Ice-Steven Erikson

Thuckey
    How the hell is Conor being pulled from an event he wasn't even training for "punishment" to him?

If anything it's punishment to the fans, and huge financial loss for the UFC.

What a load of bogus. Now they can say that he got "punished" and move on like nothing happened.

Gamer007 likes this.
  10. Thuckey Currently Reading: Memories of Ice-Steven Erikson

Thuckey
    Man our society is seriously built on fucking bricks and foundations of bullshit

Most people even believe pseudo-scientific garbage rather than an actual scientific, critical thinking like approach to the way they think... so the higher class takes advantage of this and treats everybody like fucking cows and we deserve it as well

But even this one is too obvious for most people

and most people are fucking nimrods so

Not nice try UFC. lol.

11. BryanTheFighter Brown Belt

BryanTheFighter
    True. Conor has things to loose wheater he fights Thony/Nate he would wanna prepare more than the time that is left now.

I call 100% BS on this rumour, if they already had a mutual verbal deal the UFC would do anything in their power to finalize it, because it means big earnings.

12. BoxingMMA Yellow Card

BoxingMMA
    You can't be mad, if I was Conor I wouldn't fight either. Yes, I have god given athletic gifts, with MMA gloves I can knock pretty much anyone I touch and I have legions of fans, yet I know I am very beatable by certain styles, I suck against bigger guys and I gas like Mark Coleman. Why on earth would I want to defend my titles when I clearly do pretty well like this? Selling fucking energy drinks and what not.

Honestly, you can't blame the guy, he is very good but far from a great fighter. Great fighters become champs and defend belts.

I still hope I see him fight one day because he is exciting to watch. I am way more interested in GSP's future

ackileez likes this.
  13. spinitch Purple Belt

spinitch
    Good spin, but practically it would be risky keeping him not knowing how the situation should be addressed / resolved. A pre-emotive move like this can help buffer a suspension duration. UFC acting responsible signaling displeasure . As others stated the Dec 30 was probably a stretch anyway this just seals it as out of reach.

14. ackileez ANALINGUSing a PAWG

ackileez
    One man is doing his job of keeping things in order sanctioned by the sorting committee. The other was a spectator.

Are you that biased? That 8yrs old young and naive? to not know that some lines you dont cross and the ppl doing those jobs will not take celeb status into account?

If Cristiano Ronaldo decided to cross a police line and hit a crime scene worker he'd be shoved real quick by the person in charge of that scene. The only reason why his face wasn't planted in concrete is because he is a celeb.

Conor got grabbed slightly as a gesture of respect. As in common man I'm doing a job get outta here. If it was anyone else they'd be grabbed roughly and thrown out with police waiting. Anyone with any job experience knows this.

I suppose if i feel like celebrating I'll jump the fence to your yard, with a keep out sign and when your family member grabs me to kick me out I have the right to fight you.

What world you do live in?. I hope you are a kid or someone who rides a shortbus to and from places. Cause this is too far for even a Conor c*m catcher

15. Kemeticsoul Brown Belt

Kemeticsoul
    SJW detected.

16. Mask Of Winters Red Belt

Mask Of Winters
    If you spoil your kid rotten from birth, don't be shocked if he starts thinking you should follow his orders instead of the other way around when he gets to be a teen. 'Nuff said.

Psychedelic likes this.
  17. Zefram Cochrane Red belt in warp theory and practice.

Zefram Cochrane
    McGregor was the FW champion when he was originally scheduled to fight at UFC 200 while an interim FW championship fight was on the same card.

When you said Tony and McGregor can't be on the same card without fighting each other, I really really hope that will turn out to be the case, but if I have to look at precedents I'm forced to admit that there's no limit to the amount of fuckery WME and Dana are capable to put us through.

Myrddin Wild likes this.
  18. AimedWithV Purple Belt

AimedWithV
    ..and back then, everybody fought that Conor should fight EDGAR because he will DEFINITELY LOSE TO DIAZ AGAIN.
    And Aldo had no business to be there anyway, because 13 seconds.

And no one blamed Conor for that.

19. paynebringer Black Beast Silverback Golden Belt...♠♠♠

paynebringer

Forget that guy he's f*king idiot....

20. NandoMoura White Belt

NandoMoura
    Give the real belt to Ferg

Iron Monger likes this.