UFC Numbering?

9mmafan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any idea why the UFC continues to number its Fight Night events, or any other non-PPV events?

I don't see boxing doing this, or just about any other sport doing this.

Just wondering...

I don't know why the UFC started doing it. Perhaps it began as a lark and ended up as a habit.

But I'm glad they do. Makes it easier to keep them in order.

BTW, why would boxing do it? As far as I can remember, they've never had a dominant promoter like the UFC who put on most of the best fights year after year, decade after decade, at every weight level.

How else would we know if its a new fight night or a rerun?

Any idea why the UFC continues to number its Fight Night events, or any other non-PPV events?

I don't see boxing doing this, or just about any other sport doing this.

Just wondering...
Every superbowl is numbered and they only happen once a year so they don't need to be. Why not ask about that. Besides why does UFC have to do what other sports do?

You should google something called The Super Bowl

;)
uncle dana said the ufc would be bigger than the world cup and the super bowl so i bet the nfl saw this and copied the UFC and started numbering the super bowls since the UFC is the world leader in sporting events (according to uncle dana)

They also used to NAME them...

I kinda liked it, but I'm glad that they stopped.

c36Ks7nQgSfaMN5VobvWcQBjGCm.jpg

UFC_68_poster.jpg

ufc73poster.jpg

Last edited:
I always assumed that once the numbers got ridiculous enough, they would simply follow the WWE model and have 12 named shows (Nemesis, Shootout, Hostile Territory etc) and then subtitle them by year.

It appears though that they will stick with the numbers no matter how high they get.

UFC 196: Taco's vs Potatoes
McGregorDiazArt.jpg

They used to think up names for every event but then UFC " knockout" happened and they looked like asses when no one got KO'ed

It makes it much easier to have a dialogue about upcoming cards, I have no problem with it.

Fighter 'X' vs. Fighter 'X', just like boxing.
But what if its UFC Fight Night thisfighterwithalongname vs thisfighterwithalongname 3
How will the cable company fit all that in the tv guide. I wont know if its the first or second or third rubber match.

I can't handle these 1st world problems brah.

Back