UFC not resigning Bendo, Larkin, and Rory helped legitimize Bellator’s WW division

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC saved money in the short term by not resigning Bendo, Larkin, and Rory but they lost money in the long run.

Bendo and Larkin helped legitimize the Bellator WW division. Benson was a top 10 UFC WW when he left the UFC (beat top 10 Masvidal in his last UFC fight) and Koreshkov smoked him 50-45. This proved that Koreshkov was a top 10 WW in the world.

Larkin was a top 5 UFC WW when he left the UFC. Larkin has wins over 4 current top 10 UFC WWs (Lawler, Masvidal, Magny, Ponz).

Bellator WW champ Douglas Lima beating top 5 Larkin proved that Lima is a top 5 WW in the world.

If Bendo and Larkin never signed with Bellator, it would be hard to see where Lima and Koreshkov stood amongst the best WWs in the world.

The winner of Lima vs Rory Mac will have a strong case to being the best WW in the world.

Rory already beat Woodley and I would favor Rory to beat him again. I see Lima beating Woodley as well.

Thoughts?

So does this legitimize Askren as the Goat WW ?

If only Aldo moved up to LW during his reign it would have made him more credible as a champ.

I mean...not really...Bendo's looked like dogshit on his way out of the UFC and in his entire Bellator run so far

his one win in Bellator is due to there FEATHERWEIGHT champion, breaking his ankle while fighting him

the entire Welterweight division of Bellator hinges on there being dominant strikers because Askren bored the fuck out of everyone until he was canned.

Their WW division NOW is only interesting because Koreshkov and Douglas Lima started training how to wrestle, and are working it into their games to appear well-rounded,

Bellators been on a steep decline for years, getting Bendo/Larkin and Rory doesnt mean shit when they're just crushing cans

I mean...not really...Bendo's looked like dogshit on his way out of the UFC and in his entire Bellator run so far

How do you figure? People wanted (a few still want) Masvidal to get a title shot. The fact Bendo was able to move up and beat him is nothing less than impressive. Even if you feel like Masvidal is overrated. The level of which Koreshkov dominated Bendo means something considering it wasn't a close fight.

Masvidal is to 170 what Diaz is to 155. Conor going 1-1 with Diaz is groundbreaking but Bendo beating Masvidal in there only fight is dog shit?

Last edited:
Bendo was boring.
Larkin was the real prospect.

Or it proved exactly that they shouldn't have been in the UFC anymore.

(except Rory)

Replace Bendo with releasing and not re-signing Semtex.

Anyways I like Bellator’s WW division. They have a lot of talented fighters and interesting matchup possibilities.

Or it proved exactly that they shouldn't have been in the UFC anymore.

(except Rory)
Lol.

Larkin was coming off the biggest win of his career in a shellacking of Neil Magny.

Bellator signed Rory in 2016. Despite asking for multiple fights since his debut in May 2017, they kept him on the shelf. I'm not sure they can really afford too many high profile fighters.

Its Defintley there best division

I'd favor the top 5 of Bellator over the ufc. But I can only say that for the WW division

Scott Coker knows the welterweight division is the premiere weight class around which to build an organization. They going heavy in WW while ufc wastes its time and filling cards with women’s 125 and shit like that.

Bellator's division is basically Rory Mac boxercise. Brand Rory is the only winner here.

Back