UFC needs to stop with the Cain Mexican bit

I just posted the pictures of Cain being listed as American in the tales of the tape including during the fight against Werdum in Mexico City.

And you have no idea if Cain will "willingly accept being passed as a Mexican and Stipe "does not want to pass as a Croatian." That is literally something you just made up.
I didn't say Cain did or didn't do anything. I'm sure he's not picking the graphics.

Because you don't like people who are passionate about their heritage?

It's a selective thing though. When Irish-Americans show pride in their heritage they are usually mocked and told they're not really Irish. It's usually only reserved for Mexicans and Brazilians.

No it isn't, your the one who is ignorant based on your lack of historical knowledge. And your using that to validate the racist belief that one group of people can show case their "Pride" but another can't because of history when the history your using to prove the point is a liberal cherry picked microcosm of history.

Cain is the result of White Europeans from Spain who conquered Mexico, killed and enslaved millions of people and then bred in with the local population because there were actual urban centers and a huge population in Mexico.

The only thing that is any different from the modern so called "White" perception of Anglo Americans is that those peoples did the exact same thing the Spanish did in Mexico minus one difference: there just plain were not cities in the the US of Native peoples. As a result, the native populations almost completely wiped out.

Stop drinking the cool aid your left wing college history teacher is feeding you.

You literally refuted nothing I said. It is a false equivalency and nothing you said, including your bizarre Spanish conquest tangent refuted that.

White people are obviously allowed to be proud of their heritage, hence why these kind of threads are made about Cain and not about Stipe cloaked in layer upon layer of Croation flags.

Only white Americans who know nothing about their heritage complain about this.

I have no issue with Mexicans or Croatians.

ON LAST NIGHTS PPV STIPE WAS LISTED AS AMERICAN AND CAIN AS MEXICAN. AMERICAN FLAG. MEXICAN FLAG

THATS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT.

NOT HATING ON ANY RACE OF PEOPLE YOU KNUCKLE DRAGGERS.

If anyone goes straight to the Nazi card for you expressing some interest, admiration or nostalgia for Germany, that person is a brainwashed idiot.

German history is longer and richer than a few years of that nonsense. It's really a shame that this propaganda still permeates current-day culture.

Welcome to the American media culture. Sadly enough the propaganda still does permeate through. If I were to have German pride tattooed on my chest (not even white pride, opposite of Cains) and carried an German flag, then probably 90% of people that saw me would instantly deem me a racist nazi. There is a double standard for us "white devils" now.

IM ALL ABOUT BEING PROUD OF YOUR HERITAGE EVEN IF ITS NOT THE SAME AS MINE.

Welcome to the American media culture. Sadly enough the propaganda still does permeate through. If I were to have German pride tattooed on my chest (not even white pride, opposite of Cains) and carried an German flag, then probably 90% of people that saw me would instantly deem me a racist nazi. There is a double standard for us "white devils" now.

Oddly enough, a LOT of white americans actually descend from german-speaking immigrants: the brits didn't have enough people to colonize the territory. It includes the current president. So, it's an odd hatred to hold, and antiquated really. That dumb regime is dead, finished and will not rise again.

We can be scared of China, it's a lot more legit, haha.

lol here we go again with the complete and utter retardation that Sherdog loves to spew about Cain Velasquez. You people really are the dumbest fan base in all of sports.

I can't believe I have to type this for like the bajillonth time, but your complete lack of brain power is forcing me to. Nationality is not the same as ethnicity. I'm going to type that again and put it in bold because you people are dumber than a sack of hammers. Nationality is not the same as ethnicity.

Nationality is the nation you were born in, which for Cain Velasquez is America. Cain is American.

Ethnicity is a complicated mix of values, language, heritage and ancestry. Cain's ethnicity is undeniably Mexican.

I get that this is a slightly difficult concept to understand and thus beyond most of you but try really hard to process it and stop making shite threads like this for umpteenth time.

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE FAN SUPPORT. I LOVE MEXICAN FIGHTERS I LOVE MEXICO. I LOVE CROATIA AND CRO COP TOO

this is about UFC listing Cain as Mex and stipe a story USA

I like your posts and rather not antagonize you.

But Cain's "mexicanness" is only slightly more genuine that the Iron Sheik's "arabness". A lot of the mise-en-scene of his mexican paraphernalia is for theatrics. He might feel love for mexico and so on: I'm just saying that the theatrics matter too, and a lot.

Thanks.
And you got a point.
Didn't think about theatrics...

You literally refuted nothing I said. It is a false equivalency and nothing you said, including your bizarre Spanish conquest tangent refuted that.

White people are obviously allowed to be proud of their heritage, hence why these kind of threads are made about Cain and not about Stipe cloaked in layer upon layer of Croation flags.

Everyone is allowed to be proud of their heritage. Including Cain, I believe he has a retarded tattoo same way if an Irish guy had an Irish Pride tattoo I'd think that was retarded too.

The idea of spending time and money on a tattoo to tell the world the obvious is silly regardless of race or ethnicity.

Cain can be as proud as he wants so can Stipe.

You chose to declare that due to history and the implication that somehow Anglo Europeans have done or less bad in the world than any other group of people proves they have less of a right than Mexicans can by proclaiming to another poster they don't know history very well.

Why is my Spanish history statement bizarre? Because it does not paint the narrative your professors paint?

lol here we go again with the complete and utter retardation that Sherdog loves to spew about Cain Velasquez. You people really are the dumbest fan base in all of sports.

I can't believe I have to type this for like the bajillonth time, but your complete lack of brain power is forcing me to. Nationality is not the same as ethnicity. I'm going to type that again and put it in bold because you people are dumber than a sack of hammers. Nationality is not the same as ethnicity.

Nationality is the nation you were born in, which for Cain Velasquez is America. Cain is American.

Ethnicity is a complicated mix of values, language, heritage and ancestry. Cain's ethnicity is undeniably Mexican.

I get that this is a slightly difficult concept to understand and thus beyond most of you but try really hard to process it and stop making shite threads like this for umpteenth time.

I fully agree with you. My point Is getting lost.

I just posted the pictures of Cain being listed as American in the tales of the tape including during the fight against Werdum in Mexico City.

And you have no idea if Cain will "willingly accept being passed as a Mexican and Stipe "does not want to pass as a Croatian." That is literally something you just made up.
So when they make a whole show talking about his dad and how he immigrated to US....that's not trying to pass him as mexican... LOL

Please show me how much they spoke about Croatia on Miocic's UFC pre-fight shows.

Everyone is allowed to be proud of their heritage. Including Cain, I believe he has a retarded tattoo same way if an Irish guy had an Irish Pride tattoo I'd think that was retarded too.

The idea of spending time and money on a tattoo to tell the world the obvious is silly regardless of race or ethnicity.

Cain can be as proud as he wants so can Stipe.

You chose to declare that due to history and the implication that somehow Anglo Europeans have done or less bad in the world than any other group of people proves they have less of a right than Mexicans can by proclaiming to another poster they don't know history very well.

Why is my Spanish history statement bizarre? Because it does not paint the narrative your professors paint?

well....
in cain's defence, I will love the day someone shows up with a "Ginger Pride" tattoo.

So when they make a whole show talking about his dad and how he immigrated to US....that's not trying to pass him as mexican... LOL

Please show me how much they spoke about Croatia on Miocic's UFC pre-fight shows.
I feel they pushed his Croatian background more before they needed an American champ.

Back