UFC Moscow weigh in: Taisumov missed weight by 5 pounds

all I want for Mairbek is just a clean window of like 5 years where he can actually fight anywhere and really show folks why he's so dangerous

it's always something with the guy and it's just a bit frustrating

Dangerous man got even more dangerous. Yikes. I would not have taken that fight

161 means he missed by 5 lbs? Either way glad it's still on. Hopefully it's a one time thing.

Unless there's some real penalties, there's no reason to hit weight. Seems like a lot of fighters are choosing to go this route
I mean, he lost 40% of his purse and I doubt he's making a big check but yeah I see what you mean. This is unacceptable.

Glad the fight is still on, need him to win for my weekly bet.
thinking of starting Wild Hunt for a second playthrough on higher difficulty

plus, I never got into all that DLC that was released

I mean, he lost 40% of his purse and I doubt he's making a big check but yeah I see what you mean. This is unacceptable.
wait it was a 40% penalty?

I thought it was 30%

is it graduated now, and the fine is somehow in proportion to the amount of weight missed?

Unless there's some real penalties, there's no reason to hit weight. Seems like a lot of fighters are choosing to go this route

Especially when the illiterate group of people that is the MMA fanbase, shits on fighters when they refuse to fight after their opponents miss weight

Never miss weight before then you miss by 7 pounds? There had to have been some sort of complication.

Complications or is giving 20% of your purse worth feeling better on fight night?

It could be a calculated move. Till and Dern didn’t seem to damage their careers by missing so much.

wait it was a 40% penalty?

I thought it was 30%

is it graduated now, and the fine is somehow in proportion to the amount of weight missed?
Someone on twitter said 40% but maybe they're wrong

thinking of starting Wild Hunt for a second playthrough on higher difficulty

plus, I never got into all that DLC that was released
Get it done, hardest difficulty, its fantastic. I played it second time around couple months ago. And the DLC is epic, Blood and Wine in particular is worth the time.

First time he's missed weight.

I'll give him a pass this time.

5 lbs *. Something weird must have happened, he's been at 154 or 155 five of his six UFC bouts. Not a particularly big LW.

Seems the MMA gods are trying their hardest to make this fight not happen, to no avail.

I wonder what screwball will be thrown at this fight next, and what kind of eldrich abomination will occur in the cage if it does manage to go ahead?

Ah weigh-ins happened a while back. Too bad Taisumov missed by 5 (7?). Usually visa problems are his biggest issue. Should be a fun event.

Miss weight once?

Drop 3 spots in the rankings, forfeit 30% of your purse to your opponent and 20% to a charity.

Miss weight twice?

Forced to move up.

Miss weight at that weight class?

Cut from the UFC.

I feel bad for Des. Fighters shouldn't be pressured to accept these fights because the pay system punishes their already limited income if they turn it down.
Well he just killed 2 people so don’t feel too bad for him. Cut both guys after the fight

Back