UFC Moscow weigh in: Taisumov missed weight by 5 pounds

Funny considering Green just fought Prazeres who also missed weight by 5 pounds.

giphy.gif

Can't keep letting people weigh in at what they feel like is healthy and take a % hit. The missed weight cut usually favours the person. If someone misses weight by more the a pound or two they should be forced to compete in the weight class above until they can make weight 3 times for that division

It's been too long since someone missed weight, I missed the Sherdog outrage. :cool:

And I bet Des Green isn't complaining about that extra 40%. Goes a long way towards his legal bills.

It’s just Son. Jin Soo is his first name,

Obvious stunt to get Des Green extra money for his legal woes (to put them lightly)

so mairbek missed weight?

jin-soo is the first name (can consider soo as middle name). son is the last name. if anything, they should call him jin. im a yank and i know it. sherdog never gets it right and it ticks me off. its their freaking names. get it right.

jin-soo is the first name (can consider soo as middle name). son is the last name. if anything, they should call him jin. im a yank and i know it. sherdog never gets it right and it ticks me off. its their freaking names. get it right.

UFC never gets it right either

Never miss weight before then you miss by 7 pounds? There had to have been some sort of complication.

Glad the fight is still on, need him to win for my weekly bet.

Unless there's some real penalties, there's no reason to hit weight. Seems like a lot of fighters are choosing to go this route

I feel bad for Des. Fighters shouldn't be pressured to accept these fights because the pay system punishes their already limited income if they turn it down.

7lbs??!!

McKenzie sharing her acai bowls?

Injury maybe and couldn't get the last few lbs off.

It's anyone's guess which fighters are missing weight on purpose to have an advantage, but doesn't seem to be much talked about a fighter getting injured mid-camp and having to nurse it. Especially Taisumov as he's fighting so close to home.

Back