UFC Moscow - Nikita Krylov vs. Abdul Kerim Edilov is the fight to make

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
With all rumors of Nikita Krylov making a UFC comeback for that card, i think it would be perfect if he was matched against a Russian light heavyweight, and since Edilov and Krylov have history, that's the fight.

Nikita Krylov (24-5, 6-3 UFC) vs. Abdul Kerim Edilov (17-4, 1-0 UFC)
57f7e78bc46188844e8b456b.jpg

For the ones that doesn't know, many Chechens want Krylov to lose because of the position pro-Fedor that he took 2 years ago, when Edilov went after Fedor in defense of Kadyrov.
In that ocasion, Krylov made a public challenge to Edilov for a fight in UFC, which the "Chechen Lion" accepted, but then Krylov didn't resign with UFC and that's one of the reasons it never happened. Now, if Krylov does in fact resign with UFC, the event in Moscow will be the perfect opportunity. Edilov doesn't have a fight coming up yet, and he has no injuries.

Not only it makes sense because both fighters really don't like each other, but would be a sick match up. Both are 26 years old and 6'3 light heavyweights, and of their 41 wins total, only 1 came via decision (Edilov's first win in MMA), other than that, they have been finishing every opponent they beat. Edilov is very unknown but he's very promising, very heavy grappler and good GNP. He has a win over current ranked LHW Antigulov.

nikita-krylov-ufc-fight-night-461.jpg

vs.
3-2.jpg

Would be a really good fight. Kind of like the Rakic vs Ledet fight coming up.

Thanks for the background info. Excited for Capone to come back, LHW is in desperate need of fighters.

How? He's not a draw outside of Russia, and UFC is likely bringing him back with their Russian debut. No real business was lost.
I remember a time when the UFC went out of their way to try and get all of the best fighters in the world. Krylov is UFC caliber and the LHW division needs all the young blood it can get.

Brilliant.

Ukranian miner vs Kadyrov's goon.

Would watch.

I heard Tank Abbott and Tatarov 2 is in the works for Russian UFC

Chechens still hating on the GOAT? Shame.

Just get Nikita back in the UFC first!

It is fun to speculate on future opponents for him since LHW is so weak.

I hope Krylov knocks this big mouth out!

You can't touch Fedor!

That would be awesome. Krylov has done great since leaving the UFC. I'd love to see him against Alexander Gustafsson.

Not important to me,Kadyrov is far away and meaningless to me
While Ukraine could be torn a part and cause a significant conflict in Europe,nobody wants/needs that

Ukraine is not EU and never will be with all the chaos going on there.

Although it's a pity it became a bloody arena for a big geopolitical play between Big Players.

Still would support Krylov, cause Edilov was talking shit about Fedor,

which is as low as you can get in MMA world.

P.S. Also, Fedor, as a head of MMA Union of Russia was compeletely right

to critisize 12yo children fights in Chechnya, which was against the law.

P.S. Also, Fedor, as a head of MMA Union of Russia was compeletely right
to critisize 12yo children fights in Chechnya, which was against the law.
I agree with that,Fedor is my lad as well
But can't go for Nikita in this one(or any for that matter).

Nikita has been on a tear lately. Back to back KO wins over Newton and Maldanado. I hope he’s been working on his ground game, though. That’s always been his biggest weakness. Great match-up, both in terms of style and history between the two of them.

Back