UFC Lightweight - The most interesting division in combat sports today

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
tony Ferguson , Al iaquinta, Khabib, Mcgregor , Poirier, Diaz , Cowboy, Lee and now maybe Holloway is joining the ranks too. What a crazy lineup of personalities... Danah get the checkbook out let's have some fun

Untitled-2.jpg

Since BJ returned it always was,

Why is Nate Diaz there bro? Isn't he a Super Heavyweight?

<21>

Only one of those guys hasn't pulled from a fight in the UFC......

P6XduSJ.gif

Agreed TS. That division is nuts. Crazy talent pool and so many variable match-ups that would be a blast for us fans.

Naming Diaz and cowboy, forgetting islam and barboza... Also there is a really promising americain wrestling guy

Naming Diaz and cowboy, forgetting islam and barboza... Also there is a really promising americain wrestling guy
The guys i named are different standout personalities. but you could go through the whole division just talking about fun fighters.

LW has always been one of the toughest divisions with the most talent. Reminds me of the 147 division in boxing today.

Danah get the checkbook out
ojGp74D.png

is porier an interesting personality?

i dont find khabib particularly interesting, pretty standard stereotype...

but yea, lw has always been a premiere division, im not sure i remember a time when it sucked. i guess the time they dissolved it, but divisions were just coming into existence, dont know if it counts

Barboza literally lost to Cowboy. Islam was knocked out by Martins in the same breath that Cowboy KO'd him, and has gone on to fight zero top ten fighters since.

In combat sports.... no, the UFC LW division is good but HW boxing with Fury, Wilder and Joshua is better.
If you include Max then boxing has Usyk.
Poirier, Cowboy, Lee and Nate.... well Whyte, Millar, Kownacki and I'm biased so Joyce and Dubois are on the way up.

middleweight's better. romero, rockhold, whitaker, jacare, adesanya, weidman, anderson silva, machida, uriah hall, gastelum, the new dark skinned guy who moved down from light heavyweight, PAOLO fucking COSTA, bunch of other guys.

adesanya+silva+ costa+ romero alone makes middleweight more fun to watch than lightweight

In combat sports.... no, the UFC LW division is good but HW boxing with Fury, Wilder and Joshua is better.
If you include Max then boxing has Usyk.
Poirier, Cowboy, Lee and Nate.... well Whyte, Millar, Kownacki and I'm biased so Joyce and Dubois are on the way up.

Youre the only person in the world who believes this.

Back