UFC Lightweight Abel Trujillo talks about the benefits of not eating meat

back in the day (pre 2000) carne asada burritos at Humbertos/Albertos was the shit

Yeah I’ve been there before, but my go to place has been Santana’s in Del Mar for years. Carnitas with French fries. But if you want the real deal, just cross into TJ. Nothing stateside comes close to Mexico. Well Tacos el Gordo is pretty damn close, National City or Chula Vista locations.

Yeah I’ve been there before, but my go to place has been Santana’s in Del Mar for years. Carnitas with French fries. But if you want the real deal, just cross into TJ. Nothing stateside comes close to Mexico. Well Tacos el Gordo is pretty damn close, National City or Chula Vista locations.
Thats crazy they are still around. Its been a long time since I was in So Cal. But tacos after a night out in TJ was the bomb!

Oh boy....Here we go.

Trujillo is joining the likes of the Diaz bros in vegetarianism. I would say it's not all that common though.

Any Vegans here who can corroborate his experience with mood stability from a meat free diet?

Don't know if I could give up my chicken. Don't eat much red meat though.

Trujillo seems to still be carrying a decent amount of muscle mass for being a vegetarian though.

He needs to talk on TED next.

giphy.gif
Have an sald!!

vast majority of meats are terrible for you. Aint going to stop eating it though!

Wild game all day long. Elk especially.
In my opinion going vegan is probably a better option than a diet with mass produced meat. Wild game (or your own farmed meat) is superior to all of those diets. But wild game meat definitely does something to your natural scent as it drives women mad.

In my opinion going vegan is probably a better option than a diet with mass produced meat. Wild game (or your own farmed meat) is superior to all of those diets. But wild game meat definitely does something to your natural scent as it drives women mad.

I've seen too much shit about mass produced meat to eat it anymore. I kill and butcher my game. Can't do antelope tho. Don't have the taste for it. A good sized elk will last me all year but I usually get a deer or two as well for family, friends and donations. I've never felt better than eating strictly self harvested game (with daily fruits and veggies). I feel stronger, longer lasting energy and better recovery. As far as scent, I haven't noticed anything besides mule deer give me stank ass every 2 minutes like clock work.

I went vegetarian for a year and my mood was just as fucking great most days and shitty others as it is now.

Whats his record without eating meat? like 0-4 or something LOL. Continue with that rabbits food sweetheart and you'll be a punching bag for a flyweight soon enough.

Personally I think it's hilarious there are grown people out there trying to tell others what to eat and what not to eat. I understand the whole "planet" argument but if you really give a fuck about the planet, stop driving your car.

Everyone is different, I know for a fact allot of veggies rip my stomach apart..my body and brain crave animal fat and protein without a doubt.

I've never heard of "mood stability" as an argument.

IMO, the best argument is you don't need to eat it (as Trujillo shows) so what's the point of killing something.

IMO the humane argument is much stronger than the health benefit argument.

We are at a point where we don't need to hunt and kill food. That being said, it is completely natural and beneficial to still eat meat.

This 100%. Personally I've tried to be a vegan and it's difficult, and I would say physically I feel worse being completely vegan.

But I would rather an animal didn't have to be murdered so I can enjoy a nice meal, so I applaude vegans - far better for animals and the planet.

You need to reduce your calories, not your carbs.

Trying to find a happy medium in that regard: I want introduce enough carbohydrate into the system for ample training energy but without letting my appetite get out of control. I’m currently looking at some carbs on the glycemic index that will give me enough energy to burn on without turning me into a ravenous beast again. Feel free give me any advice you think beneficial, either by PM or on the diet section so we don’t hijack the thread any further.

Also; S 500 / B 375 / D 565

Come at me, bro.

Abel needs to give it up, he is taking the excuses for his muscle loss too far

USADA

This was my thought.

"Jacked athlete loses muscle under new drug testing, says he just started a new diet" is as old of an excuse as the tainted supplements one.

I've been on a plant based diet for about 5 weeks now and I feel better at almost thirty than I have at any other point in my life. I'm kind of pissed I didn't give up animal products earlier.

Back