UFC Lightweight Abel Trujillo talks about the benefits of not eating meat

All the trauma and stress that the animal suffered is transfered to us when we eat their flesh

IMO the humane argument is much stronger than the health benefit argument.

We are at a point where we don't need to hunt and kill food. That being said, it is completely natural and beneficial to still eat meat.
And yet hunting is exponentially more humane than the standard practices of the meat industry.

I think most humans would agree that they would prefer that animals not be subject to torture, neglect, avoidable pain and suffering.

Corporations on the other hand tend to choose higher profits and higher operating efficiency over moral and ethical considerations and that is the heart of the problem.

Feel sorry for little kids that have parents that are vegan and forcing it on them

I don't eat meat and feel great.
If you eat meat cool It's your choice I won't say a fuckin' thing about it , I don't eat meat and don't want to hear a fuckin' thing about it.

I think if you're raised with a healthy vegetarian diet then it's great. However, to people who grew up eating meat, being vegetarian just isn't a fun prospect. Meat is one of the most enjoyable foods, period.

People are addicted to meat. If you have the ability to be strong and be vegetarian, you should.

fighters always say shit like that when their careers aren't going their way oh I stopped eating meat now i feel great watch and see my next fight. You watch their next fight and they look basically the same or worst.

I’m sure Trujillo could tell us the advantages of horse meat also.

My girl is vegetarian, so I’m sorta vegetarian. Other than losing weight which quitting booze that had a lot to do with that, I haven’t noticed moods or anything. I still eat meat but only when we’re out and about. I grew up eating tacos every week in San Diego and Mexico so I could never not eat meat but I feel healthier rarely eating meat because red meat literally just sits in your instestinss and moves like a sloth through your digestive system.

I don't mind people who are vegan, shit good for them just don't be those people who try and shove it down people throats
Most vegans and vegetarians would prefer not to discuss the topic and be left alone.

The issue lies predominantly with young new vegetarians who get excited about it because it is new to them and so they feel the need to talk to everyone about it.

These people annoy me more than they annoy you because they cast a bad light on the whole veg community when they really represent a small vocal minority (and half of them probably wind up eating burgers a year later).

The Rishis believed when you consume animal flesh, you also absorb its death agony.

Evidently Abel is a follower of such preaching.

Last edited:
I don't mind people who are vegan, shit good for them just don't be those people who try and shove it down people throats
giphy.gif

That documentary is pseudoscience. They make a couple good points but it's mostly garbage.

It isn't necessarily beyond reason to consider elevated cortisol to be transferable in some manner, via ingestion of a creature with elevated levels.

Meaning, if I were you, I wouldn't write off entirely the possibility of high levels of a specific hormone in a creature, having a behavioral effect on the animal which consumes it.

My girl is vegetarian, so I’m sorta vegetarian. Other than losing weight which quitting booze that had a lot to do with that, I haven’t noticed moods or anything. I still eat meat but only when we’re out and about. I grew up eating tacos every week in San Diego and Mexico so I could never not eat meat but I feel healthier rarely eating meat because red meat literally just sits in your instestinss and moves like a sloth through your digestive system.
back in the day (pre 2000) carne asada burritos at Humbertos/Albertos was the shit

What about horse meat?

That’s the difference maker

Oh boy....Here we go.

Trujillo is joining the likes of the Diaz bros in vegetarianism. I would say it's not all that common though.

Any Vegans here who can corroborate his experience with mood stability from a meat free diet?

Don't know if I could give up my chicken. Don't eat much red meat though.

Trujillo seems to still be carrying a decent amount of muscle mass for being a vegetarian though.

i lived vegan for 1 year just to test it (i eat meat now again).... and i can tell u the health, fitness, mind was overall much better.

And yet hunting is exponentially more humane than the standard practices of the meat industry.

I think most humans would agree that they would prefer that animals not be subject to torture, neglect, avoidable pain and suffering.

Corporations on the other hand tend to choose higher profits and higher operating efficiency over moral and ethical considerations and that is the heart of the problem.
As a Vegetarian the process of factory farming is what turned me off to meat, there are far more humane sources of meat and hunting for food is certainly one of them.
If I ever go back to meat(probably will not) I will get locally sourced meat and certainly have no issues with people hunting for their food, I actually respect it.

Back