UFC issues statement on choice to strip Germaine de Randamie of featherweight title

Conor has been the favourite in almost all his fights odds wise bro, so that's a fail. Last time I checked Floyd ain't in the UFC and Conor will have taken more time off then GDR. GDRS division has 3 ppl in it Conor's has a 100. What is worse to hold up? You like the guy but be realistic. By the time he recovers from the Floyd fight it will be a year of not defending the belt no injuries, in the deepest division in MMA. The thing is he will retire after the Floyd fight anyways making this a moot point. For real though your man crush is blinding you.
he was less of a favorite than he would have been in the fights you wanted him to take.

you're as sure he's going to retire as you were sure he'd never fight floyd i'm sure.

i don't have a crush on conor just think it's funny how mad some of you get at things that make perfect sense.

he was less of a favorite than he would have been in the fights you wanted him to take.

you're as sure he's going to retire as you were sure he'd never fight floyd i'm sure.

i don't have a crush on conor just think it's funny how mad some of you get at things that make perfect sense.
You haven't made one valid point and what I am saying makes sense. You are a dick rider and will spin anything Conor does to fit your narrative. That what his fan base does as they are the dumbest in pro sports. Make one valid argument .... oh wait you can't. Have a good night Artem.

Guess this rule doesnt appy to Conor huh ?
How does GDR's situation compare to McGregor? She's stalling a division because she refuses to fight. McGregor "stalled" a division because he moved up - had 2 of the most succesful non title fights in UFC history - then challenged the champion of the higher weightclass. You see the difference?

And McGregor was still stripped, so what the fuck are you talking about?

This would be believe , if the UFC didn't arbitrarily apply this standard. Recent history has shown that top contenders are routinely overlooked to have a "money" or event matchup.

Conor held up BW and currently is holding up LW. He should be stripped or at the minimum an interim championship fight held, with a mandatory defense clause.

Damian Maia repeatedly overlooked at WW

Bisping ducking at MW.

DJ being bullied at FW, despite being willing to fight the highest ranked FW he has beaten yet. Although I'm not against a Dillashaw fight, if TJD misses weight , then DJ has squandered a chance to make history in his next fight.

HW, LHW and FW have been pretty good recently.

WMMA is a mess outside of 115.

Dana just tries to get the strap on someone marketable in most cases.

You have mixed up BW and FW, but yes you are correct. Although the double standard is obvious this particular case I believe was just one step further than all the rest. A brand new division they are trying to market and the champ flat out refuses to fight the #1 contender when the UFC and the fans both unanimously want that fight, that's just ridiculous beyond anything else in recent memory.

I am glad they did something.

The UFC must think Cyborg is going to be a draw. She isn't.

I disagree. Her first UFC appearance really set the tone for what she could be, a beastly beast of a woman KOing bitches left and right. There is massive potential.

She already has made something of herself outside the UFC, with her consistency (if it can be maintained) and fighting under UFC banner she could be big. Not Ronda big but surely enough to rake in some very decent PPV numbers.

However if it were Cyborg rather than Holly that dismantled Ronda from her puffy throne of arogance, she would be much bigger.

This whole assault thing actually works in her favor as well.

Dana-White-UFC-The-Time-Is-Now-Press-07-750.jpg
“UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino. Subsequently, top contender Justino will face newly signed Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson for the UFC women’s featherweight title in the co-main event of UFC® 214: CORMIER vs. JONES 2, July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

Guess this rule doesnt appy to Conor and Bisping huh ? So you guys werent trying to protect the intregrity of the sport when Conor holds divisions up for 2 years ? Or When Bisping fights RANK 13, Middle age man for the belt ?

Obligatory
untitled.png

They should give the fans what they want, cyborg vs conor at 155

You haven't made one valid point and what I am saying makes sense. You are a dick rider and will spin anything Conor does to fit your narrative. That what his fan base does as they are the dumbest in pro sports. Make one valid argument .... oh wait you can't. Have a good night Artem.

lol. what i said was true and you're not even trying to dispute it.

conor would not fight khabib or tony but instead was making them fight each other to knock off a top contender. Its the same thing man. He has his reasons but its a complete dbl standard the way he gets treated, but he deserves it in the same since, hes making the money
It definitely is a double standard I agree.

I'm just saying it's not like they offered Bisping the Romero fight and he turned it down it was never offered.

GDR was offered a fight with the top contender (only other person in the division) and turned it down

According to Dana. Conor refused to fight aldo in a rematch. And Dana went on to say I can't force anyone to fight someone.
I don't recall Dana ever saying that he refused the rematch I think he said along the lines that the rematch was one of the options but he chose to fight for the light weight title with RDA instead at the time.

Meanwhile GDR had no other options to fight Cyborg seeing as she's the true #1 contender and the only other woman in the division (literally)

lol. what i said was true and you're not even trying to dispute it.
What did you say bro? Nothing you said made any sense at all or was in the form of a proper sentence. If you made any points it was lost in your meth head level sentence structure.

What did you say bro? Nothing you said made any sense at all or was in the form of a proper sentence. If you made any points it was lost in your meth head level sentence structure.

"he was less of a favorite than he would have been in the fights you wanted him to take."

if that's too complicated for your feeble brain then i apologize.

"he was less of a favorite than he would have been in the fights you wanted him to take."

if that's too complicated for your feeble brain then i apologize.
Sorry that makes no sense read maybe it does with Conor logic.

Eddie is about the best possible match up I can think for him so no. The last two people he fought are 2 of the worst defensive in MMA history. So let me get this right your valid point was saying that he would more of a favourite against the people I wanted him to fight. The thing is you are assuming you know who I want him to fight so your point was going to be based off my opinion that you don't even know. How about this he is the champ in the deepest division, won't be fighting for at least 11 months after the win. Is healthy enough to box but not do what he contracted to do , fight in the UFC. He doesn't have an opponent lined up in the UFC. That will be figured out in October.... pushing him till prob December to fight.

My feeble mind seems to work a bit better then yours. If he does come back how will you spin Conor/Nate 3 lol. You are just another lemming. Your point was based off an assumption of my opinion and you are calling me dumb?

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

<Goldie11><JonesLaugh><28><36><35><{vega}><41><puh-lease75>{<jordan}<BronTroll1><1><Rodgers1><Manning1><JagsKiddingMe>

I'm all about entertainment over integrity but the UFC needs to pick a fucking side.

At least be consistent in the application of whatever "methodology" you are trying to feign adherence to.

So.... here's what Germaine should have done in hindsight.

Have both camps agree to additional testing before the fight. In addition, have a contender booked on the same card with the condition that if Cyborg fails, she forfeits her title shot. Then it falls to Cyborg to put up or shut up.

It sounds like what happened instead was that Germaine refused to fight Cyborg under any circumstances, no matter how many tests she passes, relying on UFC to avoid bad press and give her a different opponent.

UFC called her bluff. She refused to fight Cyborg, so she doesn't get to be champ. You can't have it both ways, it's the exact same in every other combat sport.

Back