UFC issues statement on choice to strip Germaine de Randamie of featherweight title

J

JollyRants

Dana-White-UFC-The-Time-Is-Now-Press-07-750.jpg
“UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino. Subsequently, top contender Justino will face newly signed Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson for the UFC women’s featherweight title in the co-main event of UFC® 214: CORMIER vs. JONES 2, July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

Guess this rule doesnt appy to Conor and Bisping huh ? So you guys werent trying to protect the intregrity of the sport when Conor holds divisions up for 2 years ? Or When Bisping fights RANK 13, Middle age man for the belt ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Conor does whatever Conor wants.

I do not think there is much to discuss on this topic. GDR wouldn't take a fight with only other real 145er in the division and that is the end of this story.

One point of discussion on a slightly related note is that GDR is probably competitive enough to make a run at a title shot at 135. BUT I would be hard pressed to believe that she wont get passed over / fed super unfavorable match-ups. I doubt she will ever get a title shot ever again in the UFC.

they should have just waited for Cyborg to fight before crowning the 145lb champ

lesbehonest, the 145lb belt is the Cyborg divison

its Cyborg and pretty much 135lb girls who move up in weight

UFC don't give a fuck if u do steroids

I laughed out loud when I read it today.

I wonder if the person who drafted that statement did the same while writing it?

Good. I don't care how she spins it; she knew Cyborg was next before she accepted the Holm fight.

She just wanted the title, but she didn't want to fight Cyborg. Holly, despite turning down Cyborg in the past, would have fought her. Good riddance.

yeah while Pissbing fights 50 year olds and WW, while Conor fights "tree times the size of him" Nate at 170

Good precedent to set, but it is a double standard at the moment.

Wonder if they'll attempt the same tactic with Mighty Mouse.

Cancel this broke ass division, nobody cares.

"UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

Funny-Shit-Meme-Now-That-Right-Right-There-Picture.jpg

Division was built for an attractive white female like Holm... not a dog with a weird name from an obscure country. No offense but it's true.
How was the division built for "an attractive white female?" You're over-thinking things. This whole division was actually built to accommodate a relatively-ugly Brazilian savage. People love watching her fight, but she's just too big for 135.

Hum you forgot that Conor was stripped of his FW belt less than a year after winning it.

He never did what gdr was trying to do.
He did the same exact thing not defend his belt against the number 1 contenders of both divisions he held belts in. I think even worst because he held two divisions up with his bs. Theres just a double standard when it comes to Conor and the UFC.
Hum you forgot that Conor was stripped of his FW belt less than a year after winning it.
Less than a year lol ? He held it for 11 months. 1 month off lol ? He was stripped after he fought 3 times without defending and let the division flush down the toilet.

How was the division built for "an attractive white female?" You're over-thinking things. This whole division was actually built to accommodate a relatively-ugly Brazilian savage. People love watching her fight, but she's just too big for 135.
Exactly. The idea the division wasn't made for cyborg is ridiculous.

Dana-White-UFC-The-Time-Is-Now-Press-07-750.jpg
“UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino. Subsequently, top contender Justino will face newly signed Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson for the UFC women’s featherweight title in the co-main event of UFC® 214: CORMIER vs. JONES 2, July 29 in Anaheim, Calif.

UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”

Guess this rule doesnt appy to Conor and Bisping huh ? So you guys werent trying to protect the intregrity of the sport when Conor holds divisions up for 2 years ? Or When Bisping fights RANK 13, Middle age man for the belt ?
An even sadder statement is that Canner has to go outside of the UFC to make the kind of money he feels he deserves, and Uncle Dana is willing to go along with it.

Good precedent to set, but it is a double standard at the moment.

Wonder if they'll attempt the same tactic with Mighty Mouse.
What contender in his division has MM avoided? Since winning the title he has only beaten the current #1 contender twice, the guy ranked as the #2 contender and the #4 contender. But you are right he avoids the top guys in his division.

Who cares?

She still has her looks to fall back on.

20150313040059_5D3_3192.JPG

Back