UFC is killing MMA....

So 4.3 million MMA fans bought a boxing fight with Conor but in MMA the PPV record for Conor is 1.6 million? You are saying an extra 2.7 million "MMA fans" bought this boxing match instead of a Conor MMA match???

{<huh}

Them numbers don't add up lol.
I'm not sure your logic makes sense, I don't agree with his point, don't get me wrong, but the same 1.6 mil people don't buy every event, you got to imagine the count of people that have bought a UFC event in the last 2 years has got to be multiple millions of people. My guess would be over 5 mil. But that is a random ass guess.

I'm not sure your logic makes sense, I don't agree with his point, don't get me wrong, but the same 1.6 mil people don't buy every event, you got to imagine the count of people that have bought a UFC event in the last 2 years has got to be multiple millions of people. My guess would be over 5 mil. But that is a random ass guess.

Yeah but the 1.6 million people are the fans who buy Conor fights. There are fans who buy other events and not Conor events. So those guys aren't going to buy a Conor boxing match if they won't even buy a Conor MMA event.

Yeah but the 1.6 million people are the fans who buy Conor fights. There are fans who buy other events and not Conor events. So those guys aren't going to buy a Conor boxing match if they won't even buy a Conor MMA event.
They might, I am willing to admit the conversion over is at a much smaller rate, but I bet the population size is higher. All speculation of course...

Going back to boxing, MMA is not a sport it's a sideshow no different from WWE. A fucking joke!
This was the reason that I stopped watching boxing around 2000. I jumped to MMA cuz I found it just more pure and at the time no real judging. Judging in boxing was fukn horrible, as were the ranking and belts. $$$$ bought you rankings and more $$$$$$$$ got ya "alphabet soup" belts. Now in MMA that's all comn too. Instead of paying $$$ , you just got to be making them $$$$$$. The fight business will ALWAYS be the fight business. The business side of many things we like really, really, sucks.

Conor is the one that made that fight a fucking joke of a joke.

By lasting 10 rounds against the greatest boxer of this generation? Dead on. Floyd made the fight a joke. Him taking a fight against someone as unskilled as Conor was the whole controversy of it and that was on him.

Back