UFC is in danger, roster ain't loyal

FrenchHeavyWeight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Recently ive been thinking a lot about the future of MMA, i really think there will be soon a
"black friday".
Look at the history, the first place is always for the organisation who has the better Roster.
the perfect example is pride and strikeforce, ufc sucked them

We were spoiled children,
"oh lets make tony vs khabib"
"Why not stipe vs cain?"

That blessed era is in a fragile spot, UFC are too full of themself they think their castle is
unassailable

But why not?!

MMA will become the sport of our century, if a country like qatar or rich investors build something and like bellator suck the ufc roster by putting money on fighters (like rory)...

Here is why:

-0 innovation in ten years
-fighters do not feel loved
-we never heard as much fighters bitching about their salary
-bonuses, from 70k to 50k
-the reebok deal... of course
-PPV numbers
-new owners, they dnt know jack shit about this buisness
-USADA are good guys but casual fans they paid to see TRT vitor... sad to say that
-so much weird calls in the last 5 years, fighters and staff being cut for no reason.
-some of the PPV cards have been loaded with boring fights
-Watching a Pride FC event was entertaining from start to finish. The UFC rarely utilizes their fighters in skits or anything fun at all. Dana White wants his fighters to compete and then leave.
-Pride FC was known for putting on an incredible show. Every fighter on the roster had an awesome entrance. The UFC doesn’t do much for their fighters when it comes to an entrance. Of course, Conor McGregor is different, as he has had Sinead O’Connor sing for him during his entrance. But, aside from McGregor, UFC fighters have bland and boring entrances.
-Pride FC did not have the strictest drug testing policy.
With that being said, at least the Pride FC fighters were on an even playing field. In the UFC, some fighters are juicing and others are not.
Pride FC’s discretion on steroids allowed fighters to have superhuman levels of energy and power. Just take a look at Wanderlei Silva’s physique in 2006 compared to today. He was a monster, and he was also one of the best fighters in the world. Of course steroids alone did not make Wanderlei the legend that he is, but they did play a part in his success. But again, everyone in Pride FC was allowed to take steroids without getting in trouble.

Enson Inoue: "
the officials at Pride FC actually encouraged their fighters to take steroids. "

-UFC judges get the calls wrong on a much more frequent basis than Pride ever did

-open weight fights are rare

-tournaments...
Is it as hard as that Dana?

If they Continue to sleep on their laurel, they are in deep shit.

A pirate will come...

Dana White wants his fighters to compete and then leave.
UFC saves a fortune by not having to pay for a fighter's health insurance once they are no longer with the UFC. Ah yes, the loophole behind calling their fighters by independent contractors, instead of employees.

dana-dont-give-a-fuck.gif

Watching new, talkative posters slowly wrap their mind around MMA is both interesting and irritating.

Jesus you Pride guys are still around? I remember when people on here bashed the UFC saying pride was better because they had "better production" and "paid the fighters better". I enjoyed pride sometimes, but looking back at it now that shit is cringeworthy man, alot of ridiculously bad fights and cartoonish "production".
Actually the only I agree with is USADA. The thought of them cleaning out steroids was nice at first, but they are TOO strict. I feel there's gotta be a way to allow TRT. Just regulate it somehow.

Jesus you Pride guys are still around? I remember when people on here bashed the UFC saying pride was better because they had "better production" and "paid the fighters better". I enjoyed pride sometimes, but looking back at it now that shit is cringeworthy man, alot of ridiculously bad fights and cartoonish "production".

Sorry im more strikeforce, pride was just used for comparison

I didnt knew the pride era other than on you tube

Last edited:
Recently ive been thinking a lot about the future of MMA, i really think there will be soon a
"black friday".
Look at the history, the first place is always for the organisation who has the better Roster.

"Why not stipe vs cain?"

That blessed era is in a fragile spot, UFC are too full of themself they think their castle is
unassailable

But why not?!

MMA will become the sport of our century, if a country like qatar or rich investors build something and like bellator suck the ufc roster by putting money on fighters (like rory)...

Here is why:

-PPV numbers
-USADA are good guys but casual fans they paid to see TRT vitor... sad to say that
-so much weird calls in the last 5 years, fighters and staff being cut for no reason.
-Watching a Pride FC event was entertaining from start to finish. The UFC rarely utilizes their fighters in skits or anything fun at all. Dana White wants his fighters to compete and then leave.
-Pride FC was known for putting on an incredible show. Every fighter on the roster had an awesome entrance. The UFC doesn’t do much for their fighters when it comes to an entrance. Of course, Conor McGregor is different, as he has had Sinead O’Connor sing for him during his entrance. But, aside from McGregor, UFC fighters have bland and boring entrances.
With that being said, at least the Pride FC fighters were on an even playing field. In the UFC, some fighters are juicing and others are not.
Pride FC’s discretion on steroids allowed fighters to have superhuman levels of energy and power. Just take a look at Wanderlei Silva’s physique in 2006 compared to today. He was a monster, and he was also one of the best fighters in the world. Of course steroids alone did not make Wanderlei the legend that he is, but they did play a part in his success. But again, everyone in Pride FC was allowed to take steroids without getting in trouble.

the officials at Pride FC actually encouraged their fighters to take steroids. "

-UFC judges get the calls wrong on a much more frequent basis than Pride ever did

-tournaments...

A pirate will come...

UFC never got to the number one spot by improving. That is significant, imo.

While i agree with your statements TS, it's hard to see an actual fall of the UFC since they still are the No.1 mma promotion. the roster is unhappy? yes, the pay is awful? yes, but it's not a true factor to cause such thing.

if the next 5 years the ufc's profits are way lower maybe, but if irish jabroni returns it's not that probable the ufc will fold.

While i agree with your statements TS, it's hard to see an actual fall of the UFC since they still are the No.1 mma promotion. the roster is unhappy? yes, the pay is awful? yes, but it's not a true factor to cause such thing.

if the next 5 years the ufc's profits are way lower maybe, but if irish jabroni returns it's not that probable the ufc will fold.

i said in 2015 that UFC will fall in 2019-2020 max

im still thinking the same, a tsunami is about to rise and you will think about this thread when the wave will eat you alive.

brace yourself, pirates are coming

"black friday".

"Why not stipe vs cain?"

unassailable

But why not?!

Here is why:

-PPV numbers

-tournaments...

A pirate will come...

I l

Back