UFC is dying - but I actually have proof

tbh its a little creepy when u can tell they mean it

Otherwise fully functional member of society whose perspective is skewed enough to believe people care about Romero or Whitaker more than Henderson, especially in this context of a rematch with Bisping.

When it comes to MMA & the business side, many people think what they want to see is the smarter business decision without any logic or metrics to back it up.
It happens hundreds of times a day on here.

There view is clouded by either a love/hate for a certain fighter or in a lot of cases just the need to complain.

Good job @Clippy with another non-offensive troll thread lol

The Boston Pizza in my town is shit

The whole give pizza and watch events is a good concept

But the tv cuts out all the time what the fuck

fuck Boston Pizza

I only heard of Boston Pizza when I had moved to Niagra Falls (Canada side).

1) Their pizza sucked
2) Is Boston somehow known for their pizza?

So casual care about Dan Henderson lol ? You're deluded if you think anyone who bought Dan Henderson vs Bisping was a casual lol. More harcores would of bought Yoel vs Bisping or Jacare vs Bisping.

giphy.gif

Buddy, this is not speculation. Romero and Whitaker fought each other. 100k people bought it. This nation of hardcores only exists in your pea brain.

They were without Conor in 2017 (so far)

For UFC cards, yeah, but I think they made their money for the Mayweather fight. Nobody did more to advertise the UFC this year than Conor did, and they also got paid by letting him fight mayweather and did not have to pay him. Win/Win for the UFC. Their boy went 10 rounds with perhaps the greatest boxer of all time they would say.

wheres the evidence that either Jacare or Romero are draws?

what are their numbers like?
I agree it doesn't seem reasonable that Jacare would be a big draw.

Allthough - I wonder how anyone would ever find "evidence" of anything when it comes to individual fighter's drawing power.
I find it hard as hell to look at the numbers for a PPV event and guess how big of a draw anyone is, except the headliners.

For example: Jacare's last fight was on the card "Johnson vs Reis" - yeah, it was the worst selling UFC on Fox prime time event so far, but I find it impossible to guess how much the second fight on that card impacted the final PPV numbers, or if it was doomed from the start due to being a Mighty Mouse headlined card.

giphy.gif

Buddy, this is not speculation. Romero and Whitaker fought each other. 100k people bought it. This nation of hardcores only exists in your pea brain.
So what does Yoel and Whitaker fighting each have to do with Dan Henderson being a bigger draw than them lol ? I dont get your logic lol. You think Dan Henderson vs Bisping sells more PPVs than a card headline by BIsping vs Jacare, Yoel, or Weidman you're the one with the pea brain here. 47 year old Dan Henderson isnt a draw you doof. More people would of been willing to buy the PPV headline by Yoel and Bisping or Bisping vs Weidman than fucking old Dan Henderson. Its called common sense which you clearly lack. PPVs become draws based on the matchup. Bisping vs trash talking Yoel and Weidman will sell way more than Dan Henderson vs Bisping.

For UFC cards, yeah, but I think they made their money for the Mayweather fight. Nobody did more to advertise the UFC this year than Conor did, and they also got paid by letting him fight mayweather and did not have to pay him. Win/Win for the UFC. Their boy went 10 rounds with perhaps the greatest boxer of all time they would say.

I agree with MayMac, but for the numbers discussed there was no Conor in 2017 & without MayMac, UFC (not WME) are going to have their third best year in profit.
The company is very strong & can absorb a year like this.
2017/18 were transitional years for new ownership.
They cannot legally change the Fertittas distribution model due to existing contracts in place.

Wheres the evidence that Dan Henderson at 47 draws lol PPV buys ? The PPV sold 300 k in buys. Dan Henderson isnt more of PPV draw than Jacare and Yoel are lol. If anything Yoel vs Bisping or Jacare would of got more harcore buys. Headline a PPV at the time with Yoel vs Bisping and a loaded undercard im sure it would've sold more than Bisping vs Dan Henderson 2 lol. If you think otherwise you need to lay off the drugs.

so youve got nothing to back up Jacare or Yoel being draws then?

ah, so now instead of just replacing Hendo with Yoel you are also loading the undercard... right....

got no evidence to back up you claim so moving those goalposts..

ps. 300k is more than Aldo/Mendes, Aldo/Holloway, Penn/Diaz, Faber/Barao, Werdum/Miocic, Lawler/Condit, Nog/Cain

Oh, by the way, Romero v Whittker did 130k

Last edited:
so youve got nothing to back up Jacare or Yoel being draws then?
When did i say they were draws ? Let me put it in a way a small brain would understand. Bisping vs Luke 3 with trash talk would out sell Dan Henderson. Chris Weidman vs Bisping after the build up will out sell Bisping Dan Henderson. Bisping trash talking Yoel would of sold more PPV buys than Dan Henderson vs Bisping 2. Bisping vs virtually any other contender in that division would of sold more than Bisping fighting Dan. There was 0 buzz and noone wanted to see it. Its called common sense which you clearly lack. You could headline a fight night with Bisping vs Dan Henderson 2. Thats not a PPV caliber fight.

No way Jac or Yoel would have done more than Hendo
Weidman & Luke did not deserve shots at that time
Not that Hendo did, but they didn't either.
The chance of Hendo beating Bisping & retiring as champ was an "OK" idea.
It would have been no big deal if Bisping did not basically take a year off after.
In hindsight it looks worse

The UFC missed out on a big opportunity with that Hendo title shot precedent.

Imagine how many title fights per card WME could have if anyone in the top 15 of the division was eligible for a title shot at any given moment...

<seedat>

I agree it doesn't seem reasonable that Jacare would be a big draw.

Allthough - I wonder how anyone would ever find "evidence" of anything when it comes to individual fighter's drawing power.
I find it hard as hell to look at the numbers for a PPV event and guess how big of a draw anyone is, except the headliners.

For example: Jacare's last fight was on the card "Johnson vs Reis" - yeah, it was the worst selling UFC on Fox prime time event so far, but I find it impossible to guess how much the second fight on that card impacted the final PPV numbers, or if it was doomed from the start due to being a Mighty Mouse headlined card.

I bold your last paragraph for a reason.
Your post makes a lot of sense, but fights on TV do show who the casuals care about

Fox & FS1 cards have ratings for each fight
Also remember fight cards that are PPV here but not in other countries have the world-wide ratings.
UFC just doesn't guess (although it seems like it a lot lol)
A $5b company uses business metrics. If anything WME & crew are more likely to look at data then Lorenzo would because I doubt Ari knows 75% of the 500 roster

Lol at people claiming Romero and Whittaker are bigger draws than Henderson..

UFC 213

Romero v Whittaker
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,400,000
  • Attendance: 12,834
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 130,000 | TV Ratings: 657,000 avg. viewers (FS1 prelims, 732k peak)

Lol at people claiming Romero and Whittaker are bigger draws than Henderson..

UFC 213

Romero v Whittaker
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,400,000
  • Attendance: 12,834
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 130,000 | TV Ratings: 657,000 avg. viewers (FS1 prelims, 732k peak)
Noone claimed that. What i claimed was that Bisping combined vs those contenders and the beef he had with Chris Weidman, Luke, and Yoel would've sold more PPVs than Dan Henderson vs Bisping which had no heat and noone wanted to see. Bisping vs Dan Henderson could of been a fight of night headliner lol. By the time Dan fought Bisping he was at the end of career and noone other than harcores knew they fought the first time.

Back