UFC is anti-European

Vojislav

I fight for honor
Banned
Reaction score
Hardly any cards in Europe.

Even when they organize events in Europe they're usually way inferior than even the most mediocre American cards.

The UFC didn't even bother to organize an event yet in most European countries.

Hard for people in Europe to watch due to time difference. The UFC doesn't want to adapt to the European audience like Formula One.

They cut European fighters quicker than the Americans and don't promote them.

They don't want to sign fighters like Minakov. Didn't respect Fedor. Didn't want to resign Mousasi.

Don't start about Conor or Bisping, I don't consider Anglosphere as part of Europe culturally, those guys speak English and are treated differently by the Americans. And even Conor never had a big fight in his home country in a more acceptable time zone for us.

As a European fight fan, I don't have much interest in UFC. Pride was much better for us. Boxing is also much better for us, a lot of big fights take place in Europe in acceptable time to watch. Just this year we had Breidis vs Usyk, Dorticos vs Gassiev and Groves vs Eubank Jr., fights that I could watch live as an European man.

is it because they don't make as much money because they don't charge pay-per-views? not sure, just a guess.

Hardly any cards in Europe.

Even when they organize events in Europe they're usually way inferior than even the most mediocre American cards.

The UFC didn't even bother to organize an event yet in most European countries.

Hard for people in Europe to watch due to time difference. The UFC doesn't want to adapt to the European audience like Formula One.

They cut European fighters quicker than the Americans and don't promote them.

They don't want to sign fighters like Minakov. Didn't respect Fedor. Didn't want to resign Mousasi.

Don't start about Conor or Bisping, I don't consider Anglosphere as part of Europe culturally, those guys speak English and are treated differently by the Americans. And even Conor never had a big fight in his home country in a more acceptable time zone for us.

As a European fight fan, I don't have much interest in UFC. Pride was much better for us. Boxing is also much better for us, a lot of big fights take place in Europe in acceptable time to watch. Just this year we had Breidis vs Usyk, Dorticos vs Gassiev and Groves vs Eubank Jr., fights that I could watch live as an European man.

It's an American company. It's MUCH easier to just hold events in the US or Canada. Cheaper.

I think they could do some really good business if they put some effort into these overseas cards. But what do I know, I'm not part of the genius WME conglomerate

Lol they gave Fedor everything except 50 million and Co promotion. But Fedor was easily makin like 2 million a fight in affliction and strikenorce so ufc probably gave him 2x or 3x money.

oh you don't consider mcgregor and bisping europeans?

HA4USjO.png

Well, PPV doesn't work here anyway. So why would they bring big cards?

WME/UFC needs to abandon this outdated shit and move to a subscription model similiar to FightPass or Netflix, but with all PPVs included. Then they could actually make money overseas.

TS was trashing Conor in another thread. Talking about how young Max would beat him in a 5 round fight lol.

You have your personal definition of Europe, in the real world Conor is european, Minakov and Fedor are not.

Where is Europe anyway?

I believe Europe is located on a small island in the Bahamas. "Europe" comes from the latin sport of Baseball, more commonly known over there as El Pinata. Players who were next at bat, the coaches would tell them "Europe." Which means, "it is your turn."

Yep. But whatever i just suck it up, stay up to 7 am and watch the fights. Unless it's on a Sunday. Fuck Sunday cards.

You have your personal definition of Europe, in the real world Conor is european, Minakov and Fedor are not.

What the fuck are you talking about? Of course Minakov and Fedor are Europeans. They both are born in the European part of Russia?!

Really? UFC is full of Euro and East Euro fighters.

Honestly, some of them seem to get special treatment

it's normal. There isn't much interest in UFC in Europe. Mostly in UK. Rarely, they had events in Germany, Sweden, Poland, Croatia, Netherlands, Ireland.

Take it that way.

Brazil has a lot of fighters in UFC and had 31 events.
UK has a few fighters in UFC and had 21 events.

europeans are soft

TheMainDifferenceBetweenEuropeAndUSA.jpg

I believe Europe is located on a small island in the Bahamas. "Europe" comes from the latin sport of Baseball, more commonly known over there as El Pinata. Players who were next at bat, the coaches would tell them "Europe." Which means, "it is your turn."
I'm gonna come to you with questions more often.

Back