UFC implementing new "live stat system" that is sharable with emojis within 6 months

wIKEfHc.gif

Extension of this idea: make a bitmoji and you can see your bitmoji fight based on the live feed you get from those sensors? like

affd7ae364721d192e88359f8e09ae08.gif

I hate how they're so obsessed with knockouts because that's what mainly goes viral. With CTE becoming an epidemic in all sports with repeated head trauma, they should not be encouraging more of it (they already are with 50k bonuses). Just reinforces the fact that they don't give a fuck about the fighter's well being and want them to be like rock em sock em robots out there, and have early alzheimers when they're 45.

I blame all the millions of people that have made the crying face an emoji for everyday life.

*Gets told a joke*

face-with-tears-of-joy.png

Just strap a go pro to everyones heads. The Ref and most certainly Joe Rogan (particularly at the weigh ins).

ijn30ZZ9JXvJv.gif

According to the two UFC officials via the New York Post, they will be placing sensors in gloves, shorts and even inside arenas to create real time statistics that will be used during the television broadcasts.

“We’re working on a lot of stats,” White said. “We want to see the best knock out — it’s perfect for social media.”

“We’re going to start creating videos from it that will be shareable with emojis,” Emanuel said. “We’re about six months away from that.”

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...ball-style-stats-system-for-broadcasts-061817

Gibberish.

Just in time for the emoji movie. The UFC will be raking in hundreds I tell you hundreds!

Yeah

This will save the ufc

Snapchat is lame along with idea. Why don't you promote new fighters, close down the Manlet division, and let the fighters use IVs so they can fight past 3 rounds.

They already do something similar with Olympic tae Kwon do, but my question is how do they get censors on the elbows, knees and legs/feet? If it's only on the gloves it will seem incomplete and misleading.

im up for more stats, sensors in the gloves sound interesting but wth are emojis doing in the same paragraph

Back