UFC HW division is no longer 'weak'

I dunno about "no longer weak" but it's sure as hell looking better than LHW.

Just remember, DC is finna retire and Lesnar is not a reliable guy to build a division around. We all know how reliable Jones is.

Not 2004-2006 Pride... But for the UFC... the future is looking good.

AA won that fight.

also Tuivasa was Koed by Peter Graham.

UFC somehow erased that lost from his record.

Yeah I’ve seen that, it was supposedly some sort of mixed rules fight, but it looked MMA to me. I am not blown away by Tai, he’s a lighter yet flabbier Hunt, and I thought AA won too, which if your known for KO power and can’t Ko Andrei, well...

Justin Ledet is very good too, undefeated and has very crisp hands

Justin moved to LHW. He’s been planning this move for 6+ months, even before his last fight. He told a teammate once he started getting up there he’d drop, said, “I don’t wanna run into guys like Blaydes, they’re too big”. Ledet walks 230. Fights next month in Germany

Hopefully he learns to beat top level MMA fighters as well as he beats women. Can't wait to watch him get slept.

Don’t forget the most important piece of the puzzle.

The addition of the first legit A-level athlete who is still in his physical prime.
View attachment 397785
Greg Hardy, future title challenger before the end of 2019.

Not really. The division still sucks, as far as UFC goes.
Many talented guys outside, but UFC has been doing a terrible job with signing top guys and scouting talent.
AA won that fight.

also Tuivasa was Koed by Peter Graham.

UFC somehow erased that lost from his record.
Yeah I’ve seen that, it was supposedly some sort of mixed rules fight, but it looked MMA to me. I am not blown away by Tai, he’s a lighter yet flabbier Hunt, and I thought AA won too, which if your known for KO power and can’t Ko Andrei, well...
Ground game limited to 30 seconds only, so it wasn't exactly MMA.
Tuivasa also got stopped in kickboxing against Lazaar, a Moroccan prospect.

It's looking better, still don't think it matches the talent of the Pride era division.

When the top scheduled fight is between a man who can only beat guys who are at the tail end of their declining careers vs a short lhw paper champ (Jones never lost to DC). While the top rumored fight features an old inactive fake wrestler with a lhw who is suspended and inactive it's hard to buy anything you are selling.

Think about it:

• We've got a dominant HW champion in Stipe who just broke the record for defenses.
  • 3 young contenders in Ngannou, Blaydes and Volkov.
  • The return of DC to HW.
  • WSOF champ Blagoi Ivanov making his UFC debut against JDS
  • Also a rumored HW bout between Lesnar and Jones
The UFC HW division is looking stronger than ever.
It's sad when you have 4-5 good fighters in a division and someone says it's "stronger than ever".

Only takes 1-2 injuries and 1 or 2 guys to take a break and the division is back to being weak again. It's like this for several divisions.

I dunno about "no longer weak" but it's sure as hell looking better than LHW.

Just remember, DC is finna retire and Lesnar is not a reliable guy to build a division around. We all know how reliable Jones is.

They aren't building a division around Lesnar and Stipe's probably going to beat DC.

Btw lhw is starting to look a lot better as well with Ledet, Reyes, Rakic, Saki, Edilov, Ankalaev, Menifield and on.

Fat Americans still write about this A level athlete bullshit? Drop the NFL trading cards and celebrate your 10th birthday already, you can move past the "NFL guys are so tough" paradigm you learned when you were 5.

Still waiting for super athlete Schaub's HW belt...

Think about it:

• We've got a dominant HW champion in Stipe who just broke the record for defenses.
  • 3 young contenders in Ngannou, Blaydes and Volkov.
  • The return of DC to HW.
  • WSOF champ Blagoi Ivanov making his UFC debut against JDS
  • Also a rumored HW bout between Lesnar and Jones
The UFC HW division is looking stronger than ever.
nothing beats this:
miocic
werdum
cain
overeem
jds
rothwell
Darwin
Lesnar
barnatt

I wouldn't call HW necessarily weak, but definately shallow since the talent pool isn't deep and it's being dominated by veterans. But if HW was really that 'weak', why wouldn't more LHW's (or even big MW's) stop doing that stupid weight cut, move up and go for the "easy" title belt? Especially since LHW has been dominated by Jones and Cormier the last years and still they prefer avoiding HW.

I wouldn't call HW necessarily weak, but definately shallow since the talent pool isn't deep and it's being dominated by veterans. But if HW was really that 'weak', why wouldn't more LHW's (or even big MW's) stop doing that stupid weight cut, move up and go for the "easy" title belt? Especially since LHW has been dominated by Jones and Cormier the last years and still they prefer avoiding HW.
Most likely because they don't want to fight Blaydes/Ngannou one day, not a easy task.
Sign Thiago Silva and I'll be happy.
He is a middleweight now.

They are scared of the big boys.

Back