UFC Has not reached 1 million PPVs since 2010

if this is a decline, then i couldn't be happier.

lots of free, and usually very good quality, events.

i'm buying fewer ppv's and saving a lot of time/money.

I meant more of it's peaked off for the last 3 years or so. Before then it was on the rise, bringing in new fans and being talked about more (growing it's fan base). A few years ago, lots of people had fighters they could relate too, fighters with personalities...it seems the UFC has lost most of those type of fighters.

It's a decline in the number of people willing to pay for their product.

Their network deals bring exposure but so fare it hasn't helped bring in fans that will buy the PPVs. They make a lot more money on PPVs than they do on network TV.

Thats because they're selling PPVs like Shad/Hendo.

Even hardcore fans don't want to waste their money on a less than stacked PPV when they can get a better card for free on Fox.

GSP has only fought one time in 2011, 2012, and 2013 respectively. Silva hasn't fought very much either. Brock, arguably their biggest PPV draw, retired...

The sport itself is not threatened.

source up front: http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

UFC or Dana White, however you want to view it, has failed to grow UFC or mma in years. I think the UFC loss of big stars like Liddell, BJ Penn, Matt Hughes, Lesnar, even Kimbo Slice, has hurt the hype of mma (UFC). Dana White has tried a few new things such as adding new weight classes and female division but it hasn't really helped much. I think something total new has to be done to help it grow. Either something totally new and innovative or find more big stars.

I've been saying this for well over a year now, but getting someone like Tim Tebow would be Dana White's best option. Tebow is only making $650,000/yr in the NFL now, being a 3rd string qb. He is known to show interest in the mma world http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tim-tebow-trains-mixed-martial-arts-ufc-heavyweight-160200687--nfl.html. I'm not saying it has to be Tebow but that is an example of what the UFC needs to grow. At least 2-3 big name stars....new Coutures, Liddells, Lesnars, Slices, Hughes, Royce Gracies, etc...

Either way you can't argue the facts that the UFC has been on a decline or non-growing path for the last 3 years or so.

It's kind of funny that you say this because my girlfriend and I were just talking about Tebow going to the UFC just thw other say. It would at least be a fresh face

It's kind of funny that you say this because my girlfriend and I were just talking about Tebow going to the UFC just thw other say. It would at least be a fresh face

Yea see the link I posted...I think a face like Tebow would be so big for the UFC, especially if he wins a few fights.

I think if they put their two biggest draws on the same card it would get a million buys.

Non growing?
Arent they doing several million on Fox Saturday nights?
Dont they have several new shows and damn near their own network in Fuel/FoxSports 1?
Thats decline?
Tough crowd

people dont pay $60 to watch fights on fox so several million is irrelevant. im sure you know that, but you don't act like you do, you should feel bad.

Too many crap fights on ppv cards. We need ppv cards with all big names on them. Not 1 good fight with the rest being scrub fights. It also helps to never put Jake Shields on a main event.

Last edited:
Thats because they're selling PPVs like Shad/Hendo.

Even hardcore fans don't want to waste their money on a less than stacked PPV when they can get a better card for free on Fox.

"Yeah, I do believe there will be a day when there probably isn't pay-per-view. With this Fox exposure, we're only a few months into this deal, but yeah, as we continue to put on shows and showcase talent over the next several years, the fan base is going to grow bigger and bigger and bigger. As the landscape in television continues to change - a lot of people believe everything is gonna go to the internet. Like, now, when you buy your cable, and there's basic cable and you can add other stations. We're probably gonna get to a point where you can just pick exactly what you want. I want this channel, I want that channel, and I want that one, and that's it. It's very interesting to see where all this goes over the next several years, but I think the UFC is definitely gonna be a power player in the sports world."
-Dana White

It is all going as intended. More stacked Fox cards than PPV?

The advertisers and sponsors willing to pay to be seen on a UFC show brings in a lot more money than PPVs. Especially since so many fans stream PPVs anyways.

This way, we all win. Fans don't have to pay for PPVs, just tune in and the advertisers pay for it. Then the UFC won't have to waste money and time chasing down those who illegally stream their PPVs.

How many 1,000,000 PPV buys did they have before UFC 100 ?

Ok and what are we supposed to do with these "facts"?

Should we stop watching because we're only one of 800,000 instead of one of 1000,000 that's watching a PPV?

I never understood the reason for the need for people to point this shit out
what a drama queen

Globally the UFC is more popular than ever.

Fail thread is fail.

In other news, many reports state that Mayweather's last fight failed to pull a million PPV buys. I guess boxing is dead too, right?

I don't think anyone can argue that the UFC has struggled creating its own stars recently. Jon Jones is absolutely mauling people on a regular basis, but this hasn't really translated into sky high ppv numbers. Jose Aldo is as violent and entertaining as it gets, but he's not bringing in anyone outside the core fans who are probably going to order the ppv anyway.

I think the problem (as sad as it is that I even have to say this) is that there really haven't been any white American fighters that are taking care of business lately. Hughes, Couture, and Liddell are long gone, and while the people that have taken their places at the top of the UFC are better than ever, Cain is hispanic, Jones is black, Anderson is Brazilian, GSP is Canadian, Bendo is black, Aldo and Barao are Brazilian, and Mighty Mouse is black. Dana claims that the media attention paid to Ronda rivals anything Brock ever brought in. Both white Americans.

Maybe Weidman will win and we'll see if people flock to see him. Maybe Faber will win one of his next 5 title shots and the casuals will rally. Or maybe the UFC can do a better job or marketing the ridiculously talented fighters they already have to a different set of potential fight fans.

people dont pay $60 to watch fights on fox so several million is irrelevant. im sure you know that, but you don't act like you do, you should feel bad.

Guess youve never heard of other revenue streams like sponsorships and merchandising that grow when you have more customers

I don't think anyone can argue that the UFC has struggled creating its own stars recently. Jon Jones is absolutely mauling people on a regular basis, but this hasn't really translated into sky high ppv numbers. Jose Aldo is as violent and entertaining as it gets, but he's not bringing in anyone outside the core fans who are probably going to order the ppv anyway.

the UFC can try to create as much starpower but if said fighter lack personality theres no improving that

Back