UFC has not created any stars since 2015

czitos188

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who i consider a "draw"?

someone who sells over 300k PPVs without good opponent ( like Cormier vs Jones 2)

Top Draws in my opinion:
Conor 1M + (you won't be seeing McGregor anytime soon)
Ronda 1M (retired)
Brock 1M (USADA)
GSP 600-900k
CM Punk 450k

There is not a single mid-tier draw (350k-600k) other than CM Punk in the UFC.

What does WME do about it?
How to build a star?
Discuss

You can't just "create a star". Even if you find someone with a charismatic personality and an exciting fighting style you can't guarentee that he/she won't get the shit kicked out of him/her at exactly the wrong time.

It's basically all luck.

it's easy... stop paying and promoting the older, low ranked fighters like nick diaz to sell your major events and instead create bigger stories out of the undercards. putting lipstick on a pig has become the norm and all it's doing is souring people away from appreciating anyone but the main cards.

Stars are born.

WME sees no point in wasting time and money to create a star. It's a lot quicker to just buy one from the WWE or bellator or some shit.

You forgot Bisping as mid tier draw

But yeah the point still stands

Congratulate wrestling then.

Just watch last UFC @ Australia, 10 out of 13 fights were a fighter trying to hump the other's leg at all costs and nothing else happening for 15 minutes.

Who i consider a "draw"?

someone who sells over 300k PPVs without good opponent ( like Cormier vs Jones 2)

Top Draws in my opinion:
Conor 1M + (you won't be seeing McGregor anytime soon)
Ronda 1M (retired)
Brock 1M (USADA)
GSP 600-900k
CM Punk 450k

There is not a single mid-tier draw (350k-600k) other than CM Punk in the UFC.

What does WME do about it?
How to build a star?
Discuss

Darren Till can be a star?

Yair Rodriguez had potential until he lost

that brazilian kid who has the body of the incredible hulk and the face of cristiano ronaldo who fought hendricks at UFC 217 has potential to be huge

you realize Conor, Ronda would not have been stars if they didn't go on huge winning streaks

a lot of time, winning, and promotion goes into being a star. all the components must align

It needs more wwe type shit. It needs more exposure but not the kind that is just overestimating the market with fights. They need better pa and getting in bullshit magazines.

In the UK no one knows who these guys are. They didn't even know the middle weight champ was British. It's not featured in any newspapers. Even while the champ was British. Boxing however is big shit.

Hard to build stars when there are no dominant champs

You can't just "create a star". Even if you find someone with a charismatic personality and an exciting fighting style you can't guarentee that he/she won't get the shit kicked out of him/her at exactly the wrong time.

It's basically all luck.
Oh, PRIDE was doing that. And they did it very well.

Pride_Logo.jpg

UFC trying to create stars = WTF, they're trying to stuff them down our precious throats, fuck them!

UFC not creating stars = Why don't they?

UFC trying to create stars = WTF, they're trying to stuff them down our precious throats, fuck them!

I feel the irony, but the problem is that they dont promote them in a likable way. For instance, Woodley is boring as fuck. I cannot like him.

On the other hand, Jacare was very cool in the past. They could have promote him better, the crocodile man or some shit like that. They didnt.

I remember back when Ferttitas ran shit, anything below 500K buys was considered low.

Now, the UFC are lucky if they even get 300-400K for a decent card. PPV model is failing bad.

Back