UFC Grand Prix Tournament? Open Weight

ApplesAuthor

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I feel like the fights are getting stale and redundant with rematches and bog money fights that aren't really so interesting. If Strikeforce can have a Grand Prix tourney then why doesn't the UFC explore this format. I realize it isn't a tourney that can take place in a single night, but UFC has to mix it up or they will falter.

And why isn't there a Super Heavyweight division?

Thoughts?

It's hard enough with the standard format when all of the talent are either total divas or terribly underpaid
Wish it would happen though

too many reasons to even begin with...

but with the amount of fights falling off lately, im afraid we would run into problems with a tourney

Participants:

Conor
Ronda
Paige
Sage
Brock
Bisping
GSP
Nate Diaz

Ronda wins.

the UFC should do a "Smackfest" tournament ...... youtube it .... a radio station used to do one . Funny stuff to watch . :)

I'd like to see a 160 or 165 lbs tournament
I mean, they have a lot of fighters at LW and WW, I bet if they use some of the non top 15 for an 8-man tournament, it still will be a badass one

motivated penn vs first round creepy joe

I know its not a grand prix but i thought of it immediately and now i wish it happened years ago

It'd be sweet but the UFC wants to be able to make the match ups they want

It will never happen while White is president of the company because he hates them, also tough to get a one night tourney sanctioned.

In the scenario the UFC did hold an open weight tournament it would essentially be Heavyweights and Light Heavyweights. I could see Cormier Jones, Rumble, or Gus moving up to take fights against the Heavies.

Back