UFC FOX 28 - Stephens vs Emmett - Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Burns, Shelton and Alvey as dogs on the undercard.

Perry's girlfriend blog - Arena is 20mins from our house

I'm going to f*ck him up so bad, feel so comfortable here, I want to fight Lawler, but I need to climb, I keep f*cking up, the dream is to fight McGregor, get rich, buy a yacht, get fat and smoke all the weed I want, I dream big

Cruz - picks Perry (because of durability), OSP (for reach and length, southpaw, but could get taken down, can he get back up), Andrade (durability, power and forward pressure), Stephens (most focused mentally I've seen him, fighting at different level now, has an answer for the wrestlers now, fight experience)

I will bust his face, we'll see how long he can survive, maybe 3 mins, now I have cardio, I thought I was in shape last fight, but now I know, my style sometimes loses rounds, lose the first because of a take-down and then KO them second round, I used to sleep in my car, training at UFC gym, that's where I came from, jail changed me, after my career, I want to commentate, manage and coach fighters, Ponzinibbio won that fight because of his experience, twice the fights I had, It showed I was young, I learned a lesson, I believe I'm better than Max everywhere, he doesn't deserve to stand across from me, I didn't feel that way against Ponzinibbio, I went back to my old coach, I didn't have him for Ponzinibbio, it was mistake

Last fight, UFC asked if I wanted to fight in Poland or Brazil, I said Poland but they couldn't find me a fight, I was winning the fight before I got hurt, I was on bambi legs but I kept throwing, only reason they didn't stop it, because I was still trying to throw, it was a blur, got FOTN, the UFC told me they loved the fight, I used that bonus to quit my job and train full time (at Christmas), I don't want any regrets, I'm on the main card on fox, Elizeu is on an undercard in London, we're both bangers, I was pumped, been wanting to fight him, it took him 3-4 days to sign the fight, he has to talk to coaches, I wasn't sure he would, I appreciate it, looking for KO, he's a brawler, bully, so am I, when I got tested at the UFC institute, I broke all the records, my scores, my strength and explosiveness, they hadn't seen these numbers at welterweight, they were impressed, it validated all my training, I can't wait to fight, I will catch him in the first, no one is ready for me training full time, last fight on contract, I work my ass off, the UFC owners love me

FloCombat just posted an article speculating that OAM vs Burns is off the card. There goes one of the lines of the year.

FloCombat just posted an article speculating that OAM vs Burns is off the card. There goes one of the lines of the year.

Well that sucks. Burns/OAM was probably the fight that I was most looking forward to.

From reddit ^ "the fact that it's seemingly commission-based makes me think it's something to do with either Burns' or OAM's weight."

Super lame, Burns +170 was probably my favorite bet this card.

Ready for 25 min war, I have power at 145, I have size, I dropped Arantes 4 times in a round, set a record, I'm coming for the title, it's a tough cut, all the hard work is starting to show, this fight will be life changing, last fight I was heavy, took it on 3 weeks notice, family and friends are coming, we're going to Disneyland, it will be a war, fighting myself, we both have wrestling backgrounds, TAM will all say I hit the hardest, he's a vet, but it's my time, will shock again, against Lamas, they fought him, they all told me he couldn't handle my power, speed, I trusted them, I was on the verge of death trying to make weight, I focus on myself, working with Cody, Elkins and Mendes, my speed and power, we're prepared, I fought 5 rounds in the regional scene, alot of swimming, long distance runs, 25 min war, back and forth, I still haven't shown people what I can do, toughest fight of my career

I'm on Shelton as well. Coinflip fight at worst for him.

Yeah. Shelton could easily be 3-0 in the UFC and one of the bright prospects at FLW.

Have either of you (or anyone else) been able to find any footage of Perez's pre-UFC fights? I wasn't expecting Shelton to be the dog here but I don't really have enough to go off to be confident either way. Perez looked dominant on DWTNCS against Kevin Gray, a guy who Shelton lost a close 5 round split decision to a little less than 3 years ago. But, I'm not sure how much to take from that as Shelton vs Gray was largely contested on the ground, with Gray constantly initiating the grappling. Gray didn't even attempt a takedown against Perez until he was already rocked, and it was more of a panicked shot that got him choked. I don't take much of anything away from Perez's fight against De Tomas, as it was up a weight class and De Tomas is not a UFC caliber fighter IMO.

Perez does seem to be very aggressive, both in his striking and submission attempts. But I don't really know how good his takedown defense is, if he does get taken down how good his get ups are, or if he offers anything off of his back.

On the other side, Shelton's activity level on the feet is a concern, as is the fact that he gets taken down himself often. He does seem to be nearly impossible to submit though. He gassed pretty badly in the Pantoja fight, but I think he can be given a pass there since it was his UFC debut, at altitude and his cardio has looked fine otherwise. I did think he won rounds 2 and 3 against Brooks and it's difficult to look good in a fight like that, where Brooks spent most of those rounds circling away.

I can't bet Perez as a favorite here, but I'm not in a rush to back Shelton either with such limited information on Perez.

Have either of you (or anyone else) been able to find any footage of Perez's pre-UFC fights? I wasn't expecting Shelton to be the dog here but I don't really have enough to go off to be confident either way. Perez looked dominant on DWTNCS against Kevin Gray, a guy who Shelton lost a close 5 round split decision to a little less than 3 years ago. But, I'm not sure how much to take from that as Shelton vs Gray was largely contested on the ground, with Gray constantly initiating the grappling. Gray didn't even attempt a takedown against Perez until he was already rocked, and it was more of a panicked shot that got him choked. I don't take much of anything away from Perez's fight against De Tomas, as it was up a weight class and De Tomas is not a UFC caliber fighter IMO.

Perez does seem to be very aggressive, both in his striking and submission attempts. But I don't really know how good his takedown defense is, if he does get taken down how good his get ups are, or if he offers anything off of his back.

On the other side, Shelton's activity level on the feet is a concern, as is the fact that he gets taken down himself often. He does seem to be nearly impossible to submit though. He gassed pretty badly in the Pantoja fight, but I think he can be given a pass there since it was his UFC debut, at altitude and his cardio has looked fine otherwise. I did think he won rounds 2 and 3 against Brooks and it's difficult to look good in a fight like that, where Brooks spent most of those rounds circling away.

I can't bet Perez as a favorite here, but I'm not in a rush to back Shelton either with such limited information on Perez.

My biggest takeaway with Shelton is that I don't think he'll be an easy fight for most. He gave Elliott a good fight on TUF as well. He can neutralize well. I know I watched Perez fight on RFA. I think he was just relentless with pressure, but didn't really have major offense.

I don't like high fives in a fight (talking about the Cowboy fight), too much love going on, they gave me the one fight against a guy I'm cool with, we've trained together, we were both looking for a fight and didn't want to say no, I studied alot of footage, weird fight camp, two losses, fighting a friend, my bulldog died, I'm better than him, I feel dialed in, my son is coming to this fight, he motivates me, I feel like I can put him away on the feet, I'm sure he feels he can beat me on the ground, one of my past coaches is with him, it's a bit weird, TKO first or second round, I want to fight every 3 months

Tough camp, 25 min war, toughest fight of my career, I will put it on him, I have never turned down a fight, that's why UFC likes me, Cody has helped me this camp, Mendes, I'm fighting myself, both wrestling back ground, I'll be way faster, more movement, he has alot of tendencies, he won't be able to fix that

Can anyone explain how to do parlay bets on Bet365?

Cannot be serious?

Just pick each bet you want and they will go into a bet slip on the right hand side, then at the bottom of the slip there will be multiples options you can bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back