UFC FOX 28 - Stephens vs Emmett - Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Stephens anyway, but if I was on Emmett I would have something on his ML, not just a prop. I never agree with only betting an underdog via a prop because I never want to kick myself for predicting an upset but losing money because I was greedy and only wanted to win via one method.

Shelton sub +900 at Unibet. Love that.

Reneau sub +1300 at Betfair

Last edited:
I'm the people's main event, dream come true fighting in Orlando, I know the whole crowd, my coach told me not to have an adrenaline dump, I bought in my old coach, now I have cardio again, last fight i didn't want to pay him, i was selfish, after my fight the stadium will empty out to party with me, I always feel like I will always get the KO, but now guys are outpointing me, so I need to do that too, now I'm looking at decisions and getting boo'ed, last fight he moved so much, took me 2 mins to even touch him, my father bugs me alot, he wants to sleep on the floor in my hotel room, knowing I had the KO power was a bad thing, you rely too much on it, but now I'm back with my old coach, he's pushing me

I'm the people's main event, dream come true fighting in Orlando, I know the whole crowd, my coach told me not to have an adrenaline dump, I bought in my old coach, now I have cardio again, last fight i didn't want to pay him, i was selfish, after my fight the stadium will empty out to party with me, I always feel like I will always get the KO, but now guys are outpointing me, so I need to do that too, now I'm looking at decisions and getting boo'ed, last fight he moved so much, took me 2 mins to even touch him, my father bugs me alot, he wants to sleep on the floor in my hotel room, knowing I had the KO power was a bad thing, you rely too much on it, but now I'm back with my old coach, he's pushing me

Good to hear him acknowledge that he can't fall in love with his KO power.

So has Ez officially quit this now? Haven't seen him all week.

Good to hear him acknowledge that he can't fall in love with his KO power.

i think when he gets hit once he forgets it again :D seems like hothead and not somebody i would ever expect to fight smart

i think when he gets hit once he forgets it again :D seems like hothead and not somebody i would ever expect to fight smart
True but at least he is thinking about it. I think Perry is smarter than people give him credit for.

I'm on Stephens anyway, but if I was on Emmett I would have something on his ML, not just a prop. I never agree with only betting an underdog via a prop because I never want to kick myself for predicting an upset but losing money because I was greedy and only wanted to win via one method.

I typically agree, especially for bigger underdogs. But I do think that there are situations where there may not be value in a fighter's ML, but there is value in a prop(s).

EDIT: Particularly in the case of the NSC prop, if you think a fighter's chance of winning by decision is low

Last edited:
True but at least he is thinking about it. I think Perry is smarter than people give him credit for.
i seriously doubt it but i hope im wrong as i like to watch him fight and would be cool to see him evolve as a fighter

Was pushing for Rivera fight, but got Barao fight, he looked off in his last fight, he looked lazy, breaks in the later rounds, can see changes in his body after USADA, he's on a decline, I'm on an upcline, just signed a new 4 fight deal, the loss changed me, I knew I was going to finish my last fight, bring it and finish it in the 3rd, I stay disciplined all year round, my first fight I had anxiety, it was crazy, but I knew I would win

wow just noticed Griffin is +320 now :eek: seems nuts to me people would trust Perry as a -350 favorite against anyone lol

Man, I don't want to be that guy but...
Emmett looked like death on the scales, lol.

wow just noticed Griffin is +320 now :eek: seems nuts to me people would trust Perry as a -350 favorite against anyone lol

I hit +280, +300 and +325. I did not plan to bet Griffin, but these lines forced my hand. Also small on Griffin Dec +750 and Griffin KO +750. I could realistically see him winning either way. That said, Perry probably still finds the KO.

pics - http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/that-t...ft-to-cut-weight-then-was-127#slideIdslide-24

10647920.jpg

I hear you. And in general agree. But man Emmett isn't even much of a dog at +145. And I seriously think KO is so much more likely than sub or Dec if he wins. I guess since I'm on Stephens I'm just looking at it as my hedge so it' different. I guess if I was playing Emmett I'd play like 50% ML and 50% KO maybe.

Man, I don't want to be that guy but...
Emmett looked like death on the scales, lol.

As expected, really. I'll be shocked if this fight goes deep and his cardio holds up.

On the flipside, Barao looked much better than expected I thought.

As expected, really. I'll be shocked if this fight goes deep and his cardio holds up.

On the flipside, Barao looked much better than expected I thought.

I put a little on Stephens RD 4 at +1175 and rd 5 at +1750. If Emmett fades badly late could be a late stoppage for Jeremy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back