UFC FN 130 PBP/Discussion

Fucking aye, first event without bet365 livebetting and ended with +9.6u and got parlay closing with Moraes that pays 2.7u, covering ufc chile and bellator 200 losses and then some

Fightmetric had Till landing on 38/126 significant strikes while Thompson landing 30/126 sig strikes FWIW

i was on wonderboy, no problem with the decision in the UK. thompson knew when he signed the fight he had to win convincingly and he didnt.

What the fuck was UFC media watching?

It’s good for the division, Wonderboy makes lousy fights and Till is now a big star. But Till did not win this fight.

I take Big Johns scoring over the guy who gave Knight 30-27...

lost money but glad Till won. Wonderboy needs to start fighting

That decision was goddamned silly.

This kind of decision is just bad for the sport and the betting community. Wouldn't you rather lose money on a shit pick now, so you can know judges are reliable in the future? Instead of turning it into a crapshoot?

I will rewatch it but I really thought Till would win the decision although every round except round 5 could've gone either way. Listened to JRE fight companion and schaub thought Till would win 49-46, Eddie thought he would win a split and Rogan thought WB won

That decision was goddamned silly.

This kind of decision is just bad for the sport and the betting community. Wouldn't you rather lose money on a shit pick now, so you can know judges are reliable in the future? Instead of turning it into a crapshoot?
Why do you feel WB undoubtedly won?

Reading some of these comments is why I stopped posting here. So much garbage. Wonderboy clearly won the fight 3 - 2. Whats with the claiming in here "especially with the fifth round knockdown" as if it put a stamp on the entire fight. The knockdown helped him to win the last round it doesn't mean anything for the other four rounds.

Ended 2.05u up for the event with pre fight picks, stupid double I played messed with it being a lot more profit, need to calculate LB still but done pretty well, nothing major on it.

15.29u up this weekend from Boxing and MMA (£4449), wish I won more on UFC but certainly not going to complain and yes, all bets were posted in here and the Boxing thread.

Congrats man, you completely killed it on boxing while my picks were pretty shit. I got something back from tonight's ufc and made a small profit.

Definitely hoping to get more of your input either on the forum or on the future blog.

Why do you feel WB undoubtedly won?
93% of the media had him. If you can't trust media consensus, what else can you use as a metric? The 49-46es were especially terrible. Till's face changed when he heard those numbers since he knew he'd lost.

"Evaluations shall be made in the order in which the techniques appear in (c) above, giving the most weight in scoring to effective striking, effective grappling, control of the fighting area and effective aggressiveness and defense."

That's the official word on how bouts are scored.

So, effective striking first - What did Thompson do? By stats he was out landed in significant strikes 3 rounds to 2 (3-1 and a tie) if you are calculating strikes thrown to how many landed.

Effective grappling, there was basically none.

Control of the fighting area? Thompson was literally walked down 80% of the fight, sure he countered with some decent strikes here and there but he certainly did not control the fighting area.

Effective aggressiveness and defense, Till, for me was more effective offensively and Thompson perhaps defensively apart from the 5th round.

It was close, that's the bottom line 48-47 is absolutely fair, to call it a robbery is just silly, it was a close fight.

Congrats man, you completely killed it on boxing while my picks were pretty shit. I got something back from tonight's ufc and made a small profit.

Definitely hoping to get more of your input either on the forum or on the future blog.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Looked like WB shots were knocking tills head back more to me and I literally don’t think Till landed 1 strike in round 1 but I called it that he wasn’t winning when it went to the card so on to the next one.

First big bet I’ve lost since kneegate last year.

Back