UFC FN 127 is a great FN card and will be entertaining AF. Trust me

Mr hanky

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This card is a great one for a Fight Night. Loads of potentially great scraps and highlight reel KOs. This will be one of these cards on which people shitted before it started, and then appreciated it after.

Fabrício Werdum vs. Alexander Volkov 265 lbs - Decent fight. Crazy how Werdum is so active at age of 40, when much younger fighters are sitting inactive for months with calculators in their hands waiting for easiest fights.

Jimi Manuwa vs. Jan Błachowicz 205 lbs- Interesting how it will go down this time. Jan has improved a lot since their last fight, but if Jimi lands, RIP anybody.

Tom Duquesnoy vs. Terrion Ware 135 lbs- Duquesnoy always comes to bang and never comes to wrestle. Ware is a sacrificial lamb here.

Leon Edwards vs. Peter Sobotta 170 lbs - Edwards is a good WW prospect and Sobotta also looks pretty good lately. Decent scrap.

John Phillips vs. Charles Byrd 185 lbs- "The White Mike Tyson" , SBG product. He was engineered by Coach Kavanagh himself out of best components. Result: 21 wins, 18 by KO, 17 of them in RD1. Will fight versus Byrd who won two times in Dana White's Contender Series. This will be fireworks.

Danny Roberts vs. Oliver Enkamp 170 lbs - Another good scrap. Danny is a striker, Oliver is a Karate fighter.

Bradley Scott vs. Jack Marshman 170 lbs - Marshman, active paratrooper with lot's of KOs (13 out of 22 wins) on his resume vs Scott who out of his 11 wins went to decision once. We will be entertained.

Hakeem Dawodu vs. Danny Henry 145 lbs- Dawodu is a promising prospect with good striking vs Henry who looked half dead in his fight vs Daniel Teymur but somehow managed to win. This won't go to the distance. Gonna be a great scrap.

Magomed Ankalaev vs. Paul Craig 205 lbs- Ankalaev makes his long awaited debut. Has some decent guys on his resume and is undefended. Craig in meantime lost 2 last by KO. I will let you do the math.

Kajan Johnson vs. Stevie Ray 155 lbs - Stevie Ray is back after long drama with his contract. Will fight vs Johnson who KOed Martins stiff in his last fight.

Mark Godbeer vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy 265 lbs - Anther debut of undefeated prospect, this time in HW. Sosnovskyi is known by KOing Alexander Emelianenko. All of his KOs were in RD1. Great fight incoming.

Nasrat Haqparast vs. Nad Narimani 155 lbs- Haqparast has 8 wins, all by KO. Narimani just won Cage Warriors title from Paddy Pimblett. This fight looks very promising.

To sum up: lots of interesting prospects and lots of KO power. Also: there's just 1 BW fight, 1 FW and 2 LW: this is Big boys card which is a rare thing to see these days. And no single WMMA

I think it will deliver, it has some fun underrated matchups. Looking forward to Johnson vs. Ray.

I believe, TS. I believe

Thanks for the additional info as well

This card is a great one for a Fight Night. Loads of potentially great scraps and highlight reel KOs. This will be one of these cards on which people shitted before it started, and then appreciated it after.

Fabrício Werdum vs. Alexander Volkov 265 lbs - Decent fight. Crazy how Werdum is so active at age of 40, when much younger fighters are sitting inactive for months with calculators in their hands waiting for easiest fights.

Jimi Manuwa vs. Jan Błachowicz 205 lbs- Interesting how it will go down this time. Jan has improved a lot since their last fight, but if Jimi lands, RIP anybody.

Tom Duquesnoy vs. Terrion Ware 135 lbs- Duquesnoy always comes to bang and never comes to wrestle. Ware is a sacrificial lamb here.

Leon Edwards vs. Peter Sobotta 170 lbs - Edwards is a good WW prospect and Sobotta also looks pretty good lately. Decent scrap.

John Phillips vs. Charles Byrd 185 lbs- "The White Mike Tyson" , SBG product. He was engineered by Coach Kavanagh himself out of best components. Result: 21 wins, 18 by KO, 17 of them in RD1. Will fight versus Byrd who won two times in Dana White's Contender Series. This will be fireworks.

Danny Roberts vs. Oliver Enkamp 170 lbs - Another good scrap. Danny is a striker, Oliver is a Karate fighter.

Bradley Scott vs. Jack Marshman 170 lbs - Marshman, active paratrooper with lot's of KOs (13 out of 22 wins) on his resume vs Scott who out of his 11 wins went to decision once. We will be entertained.

Hakeem Dawodu vs. Danny Henry 145 lbs- Dawodu is a promising prospect with good striking vs Henry who looked half dead in his fight vs Daniel Teymur but somehow managed to win. This won't go to the distance. Gonna be a great scrap.

Magomed Ankalaev vs. Paul Craig 205 lbs- Ankalaev makes his long awaited debut. Has some decent guys on his resume and is undefended. Craig in meantime lost 2 last by KO. I will let you do the math.

Kajan Johnson vs. Stevie Ray 155 lbs - Stevie Ray is back after long drama with his contract. Will fight vs Johnson who KOed Martins stiff in his last fight.

Mark Godbeer vs. Dmitry Sosnovskiy 265 lbs - Anther debut of undefeated prospect, this time in HW. Sosnovskyi is known by KOing Alexander Emelianenko. All of his KOs were in RD1. Great fight incoming.

Nasrat Haqparast vs. Nad Narimani 155 lbs- Haqparast has 8 wins, all by KO. Narimani just won Cage Warriors title from Paddy Pimblett. This fight looks very promising.

To sum up: lots of interesting prospects and lots of KO power. Also: there's just 1 BW fight, 1 FW and 2 LW: this is Big boys card which is a rare thing to see these days. And no single WMMA
YRozg.gif

imo good money to be made on Enkamp. He should beat Roberts.

I'm expecting a few surprises on this card and my fight picking for this card will reflect a night full of surprises.

I'm looking forward to this card too. Mainly, I find Jimi Manuwa fascinating to watch. He is a proper London hard man. Living there for 2.5 years allowed me to see guys just like him. Ruthless, mean, tough as fuck blokes.

It's underwhelming on paper but the fights themselves should be good. Looking forward to Dawodu's debut

I think I will make predictions just to look back and see how many I get right (not a gambling man).
Werdum Vs Volkov: Winner - Volkov.
Mainly who I want to win so that we have another new HW contender.
Jimi Manuwa Vs Blachowicz: Winner Manuwa
Not really a fan if Jimi. Just find him more interesting than Blachowicz
Duquesnoy Vs Ware: Winner obv Duquesnoy
Why is this main card worthy?
Leon Edwards Vs Sobotta: Winner - Edwards
I don't know much about these two. May as well predict the guy with more hype around him
John Philips Vs Charles Byrd: Winner - Philips
Dan Roberts Vs Oliver Enkamp: Winner - Danny Roberts

I haven't seen Enkamp fight yet. His tapology pic makes him look like a damn 15 year old.
I think Roberts squeezes out a close win by playing it safe after what happened to him against Taleb.
Brad Scott Vs Jack Marshmann: Winner - Marshmann
I think Marshmann is not that good against many other middleweights. I hope he wins this one though
Dawodu Vs Henry: Winner - I dunno.. fuck it lets flip a coin aaaaaaan Dawodu
Ankalaev Vs Paul Craig: Winner - Ankalaev

Paul Craig is not going up the LHW ranks. Hopefully Ankalaev isn't another roid headed russian who gets caught by USADA and works his way up the ranks.
Kajan Johnson Vs Stevie Ray: Winner - Kajan
Kajan seems to be a significant underdog here to lose. In a recent interview he mentioned finding a way of fighting which is much more suited to him rather than trying to fight a way coaches used to tell him to. I'm not convinced of Stevie Ray. I feel this fight might be a snoozefest which ends in a close contest that Kajan squirms one out of.
Godbeer Vs Sosnovskiy (sp?): Winner - not Godbeer
Godbeer is a bog standard classic fighter. If this other guy comes at him with intent I see Sosnovwhatever winning. Gut feeling based on pics of him is he'll be aggressive.
Nasrat Vs Narimani: Winner - Narimani
I like Narimani. Hope he wins.

I'm expecting a few surprises on this card and my fight picking for this card will reflect a night full of surprises.

Cannot wait to see that @paynebringer. Usually you have few surprises in no-sruprises looking cards so I wonder how it will look this time.

I'm looking forward to this card too. Mainly, I find Jimi Manuwa fascinating to watch. He is a proper London hard man. Living there for 2.5 years allowed me to see guys just like him. Ruthless, mean, tough as fuck blokes.

I like him too. And i like Jan so really excited to see this one.

I think I will make predictions just to look back and see how many I get right (not a gambling man).
Werdum Vs Volkov: Winner - Volkov.
Mainly who I want to win so that we have another new HW contender.
Jimi Manuwa Vs Blachowicz: Winner Manuwa
Not really a fan if Jimi. Just find him more interesting than Blachowicz
Duquesnoy Vs Ware: Winner obv Duquesnoy
Why is this main card worthy?
Leon Edwards Vs Sobotta: Winner - Edwards
I don't know much about these two. May as well predict the guy with more hype around him
John Philips Vs Charles Byrd: Winner - Philips
Dan Roberts Vs Oliver Enkamp: Winner - Danny Roberts

I haven't seen Enkamp fight yet. His tapology pic makes him look like a damn 15 year old.
I think Roberts squeezes out a close win by playing it safe after what happened to him against Taleb.
Brad Scott Vs Jack Marshmann: Winner - Marshmann
I think Marshmann is not that good against many other middleweights. I hope he wins this one though
Dawodu Vs Henry: Winner - I dunno.. fuck it lets flip a coin aaaaaaan Dawodu
Ankalaev Vs Paul Craig: Winner - Ankalaev

Paul Craig is not going up the LHW ranks. Hopefully Ankalaev isn't another roid headed russian who gets caught by USADA and works his way up the ranks.
Kajan Johnson Vs Stevie Ray: Winner - Kajan
Kajan seems to be a significant underdog here to lose. In a recent interview he mentioned finding a way of fighting which is much more suited to him rather than trying to fight a way coaches used to tell him to. I'm not convinced of Stevie Ray. I feel this fight might be a snoozefest which ends in a close contest that Kajan squirms one out of.
Godbeer Vs Sosnovskiy (sp?): Winner - not Godbeer
Godbeer is a bog standard classic fighter. If this other guy comes at him with intent I see Sosnovwhatever winning. Gut feeling based on pics of him is he'll be aggressive.
Nasrat Vs Narimani: Winner - Narimani
I like Narimani. Hope he wins.

My problem with Volkov is his gas tank. he looked tired in round 3 vs Struve. And Werdum fought 2 times a 5 rounder already and many times finished 3 rounds looking fresh.

Duqesnoy is on Main because there's not much known fighters on the card. And he has (had) hype from BAMMA behind him.

Philips loves to bang and has no ground game. Also i saw him with his hands down in few fights so he might get caugh. That being said he didn't fight since September 2016 so i really don't know where is he at.

Dawodu looks legit. He was tagging Siler all the time. Henry really in beginning of second round looked like he went 5 rounds with not-gassed Ngannou.

Ankalaev actually don't look jacked at all. Looked pretty small in comparison to guys who he fought. Hope he will do well as LHW needs desperately new blood.

Yeah Sosnovskyi from what i saw is bullrushing in RD1 so either he gonna run thru Godbeer or he will gas and get rekt.

Narimani looked good but i would not be surprised if Haqparast will win. He looked decent against Held who is experienced fighter. And it was shot notice fight if i remember good.

I'm pessimistic about this card but it's nice to see someone else pumped.

I personally rate it a 4/10 when comparing to other UFC cards.

Back