UFC FN 118: Cerrone vs Till or Bellator 185: Mousasi vs Shlemenko, who won the weekend?

Toner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IMG_3866.JPG IMG_3865.JPG

I give the edge to Bellator 185. It was a more entertaining fight card with better fights. Good weekend to be an MMA fan though.

Thoughts?

Bellator had 2 WMMA fights on their main card and both were basically amateur fights. UFC gets my vote but both cards were below average

too much wmma garbage. i hope mma popularity keeps plummeting

10/21/17 is the birth of the Till hype train. Let's see how long it rides.

Pleb Tier Cards.

However Bellator had the only relevant fight in MMA this weekend due to Le Moose.

UFC no doubt, Bellator had 3 legit fighters and UFC had at least 5 great fights: Till-Cerrone, Stasiak-Kelleher, Lobov-Fili, Lansberg-Ladd, Arantes-Emmet..

Also we just got a great contender and future star: Till. UFC executives are probably celebrating.

I haven't watched them yet but UFC obviously had more talent on show throughout their card. Bellator typically doesn't have a lot going on in the prelims, and putting debuting fighters on the main card based solely on boxing backgrounds is a very bizarre approach which expectedly backfired.

MMA is dying, didn't you know? Don't pay any attention to the massive surge in media coverage, mentions in film and television and the much higher awareness of the sport from people you meet in your every day life. Focus entirely on PPV numbers and the amount of online posters saying they are "done with the sport because it's turned into WWE".

Even tho he lost, Shlemenko is the winner of the weekend I think

I bet you watch WNBA and female soccer.

Tell me one other sport were the much inferior female version gets forced onto mens cards ?
I don't. Look I get it. I don't like an overabundance of WMMA either but I thought you were a bit over the top about it. Just having fun.

I don't. Look I get it. I don't like an overabundance of WMMA either but I thought you were a bit over the top about it. Just having fun.

It was not my comment you quoted first ;)
I just find it strange so many are defending it when its clear why the UFC does it: They pay even much less to female competitors because of their lower level and save a lot of money.

Only watched the main events but bellator was better even tho the decision was shitty.

It was not my comment you quoted first ;)
I just find it strange so many are defending it when its clear why the UFC does it: They pay even much less to female competitors because of their lower level and save a lot of money.
Whoops sorry.

To your point, aye. I will say it's refreshing now that RRR has been demolished, people have in uniform fashion stopped pretending that women are stronger than men. I could beat any female MMA artist and I've always known it.

Going UFC. The Moose fight was disappointing. Got his eye busted and went to panic wrestling. Better not fight like that for the belt.

Back