UFC fines Anderson Silva $50.000 for media-event no-show

lol was Diaz ever fined for the shit he pulled? No surprise to see double standards from Dana though. INC Maia/Leites performance from Silva against Weidman.... fuck.

Can't believe nobody's talking about this gem good work!

AndersonSilva-Money-1024x447.jpg

Anyway not good that he's missing interviews etc, but will wait to here from Ed why he decided not to do the media event. And a lot of you guys are funny, 50k is a lot of money to anyone regardless of status.

Anderson has never been known for doing this type of shit so I am sure there was a reason.

Yes he has. There's footage of Ed Soares dragging him out of a hotel room to get him to a pc or a conference call; I think it's in Like Water.

I believe he's also the main reason the pc for his rematch with Chael was delayed.

I will be disappointed if silva decided not to show up because he didn't feel like it...but we don't have all the facts here and silva hasn't told his story yet so let's wait and see what happened. It's really not like him

Well, I can't argue that in the least. You sir, are correct. (I hope an admission that someone may have been wrong or presumptive doesn't crack the forums)

looks like that new policy is miss events get fined. they should call it the diaz leash rule.

That is the problem with some people. Anderson never in the past refused to promote a fight. I have been critical in the past of Silva's camp requesting Cung Le and not Weidman, but like i said before, there are always two sides of the story. Family emergencies or other situations arise all the time. People should reserve judgement. Anderson hated Chael more than he does Weidman, and he never skipped out on any commitment to promote the fight. Let's wait for the facts.

I agree. Anderson missed a seminar a few years ago and of course he got bashed for it, but his mother passed away a couple of days later...

When did Dana say he thought Chris would win?

last couple media scums. he hint he thinks this is tuffiest fight for silva yet etc i know that is dana talking but a few times now Dana try to put the brakes on super fights til as he says (he gets through Chris). i know Dana talks a lot but i do believes he thinks Chris has a chance because of his Wrestling..

There is always two sides of the story. Maybe he had a good reason to do so, so i hope people listen to Anderson's side first. People have emergencies or other situations happening in their life all the time.

What's his excuse? The dude lives in LA and has been talking every 5 seconds about how he just opened a new gym there and now he can't meet with the press in an exclusive UFC 162 promo in the same city?

Weidman had no problem making the Q&A's in New Jersey while living in New York, but Silva can't make the media events in his own home city?

cut him already, we cant take no more of his antics.

lol, you can't stand the guy so much, you'd rather see the title vacated than someone take it from him! Cut him on what grounds, he didn't show up to beauty pageant, and he got his fine. One thing we know about Anderson he'll probably show up, and he'll probably finish the fight, and it will probably be within 2 rounds, this is no knock on Weidman, but that's what Anderson does most of the time!

Weidman fight will look like Maia fight for payback lol...

Wow Dana better watch out, not sure how the fines work and stuff but Anderson is getting older and hes rich. IF hes pissed off enough over this I could see him saying "Ok come get the money then, im in Brazil". Then never fight for UFC again, since he doesnt need to.

That's a stiff fine. Still, if you promise Silva and it's in his contract...

Yes he has. There's footage of Ed Soares dragging him out of a hotel room to get him to a pc or a conference call; I think it's in Like Water.

I believe he's also the main reason the pc for his rematch with Chael was delayed.

As far as I know he never skipped out like this. Maybe he wanted to and Ed made him or whatever...but the point is he still went and we have never heard of him pulling a stunt like this. Am I mistaken? I may have missed something somewhere.

last couple media scums. he hint he thinks this is tuffiest fight for silva yet etc i know that is dana talking but a few times now Dana try to put the brakes on super fights til as he says (he gets through Chris). i know Dana talks a lot but i do believes he thinks Chris has a chance because of his Wrestling..

come on dude, every time there is a Silva or Gsp fight the ufc try to hype the next challenger as the biggest threat to date.
I can already hear Joe rogan sayin "if you were to build someone with the perfect style to defeat Anderson Silva, Cris Weidman would be that man."

Dana should be careful. Remember when Silva chooses he can make a fight a yawner

Back