UFC fines Anderson Silva $50.000 for media-event no-show

Man Anderson loses more than that down his sofa.

No big deal, Every Anderson interview is the same anyway.

"Uhhhh... Thees iz a beeg sport, This iz my family, I am here for working. Thankyou Dana and the Lorenzo. That's it, that's it."

Glad they fined him. This makes me like him even less (if that was even possible). I can't wait til Weidman exposes him.

Considering you admitted to favoring Americans and wrestlers, this isn't a surprise.

"Uhhhh... Thees iz a beeg sport, This iz my family, I am here for working. Thankyou Dana and the Lorenzo. That's it, that's it."

hahahaha spot on!!, that made me laugh lol

anderson doesnt wanna help promote fight cause perhaps hes afraid he may lose? hmm.

Since when has a contracted promoter fined their fighter? UFC isnt a league, club or team.

Contracted promoter? This aint boxing. The UFC is a promoter, league, brand, all rolled into one. Fine away!!! I am sure it is all contractual.

You forgot...I very happy for this fight. I very happy for this opportunity. I very happy with my camp, with my training

I just read the article then came to the forum to see what's up. Dana has a point. Everyone wants the big phat cash that comes with the business but they don't want to do the work to keep the machine going. People think all this money comes from magic trees in the unicorn forest. Nope, a lot of people put a lot of work in to get Anderson in a position to make money. Dana's playing nice with this one.

50,000 for a few days off- Anderson couldnt give a shit. hes rich man, and they will probably give it back to him for his next fight anyway with an apology

Only on sherdog can i talk about a muppet character, then get confronted by a poster with the said muppet av 2 minutes later......:eek:

i have to admit i am disappointed in The Spider on this one,
been a fan since before he got the belt... having said that we've seen stuff like this in hes movie, (like water) Anderson can get butt-hurt over stuff and probably doesn't like the fact everybody thinks he going lose, even Dana.. so i can see The Spider saying let Chris sell it then .. and flying off to Brazil...

wtf...50k that's a pretty big fine for a no show to a radio show.
O well he's just gonna collect back with the KOTN bonus when he fights weidman

I just read the article then came to the forum to see what's up. Dana has a point. Everyone wants the big phat cash that comes with the business but they don't want to do the work to keep the machine going. People think all this money comes from magic trees in the unicorn forest. Nope, a lot of people put a lot of work in to get Anderson in a position to make money. Dana's playing nice with this one.
I will be disappointed if silva decided not to show up because he didn't feel like it...but we don't have all the facts here and silva hasn't told his story yet so let's wait and see what happened. It's really not like him

I'm sure there's a good reason for him not showing up.. we'll probably know later this week perhaps.

cut him already, we cant take no more of his antics.

What would cutting him do?, Anderson could retire tomorrow and be set for life if he spends his money correctly...I'm not justifying what Anderson did it's down right bullshit IMO but cutting him would do nothing.

i have to admit i am disappointed in The Spider on this one,
been a fan since before he got the belt... having said that we've seen stuff like this in hes movie, (like water) Anderson can get butt-hurt over stuff and probably doesn't like the fact everybody thinks he going lose, even Dana.. so i can see The Spider saying let Chris sell it then .. and flying off to Brazil...

When did Dana say he thought Chris would win?

We didn't hear Anderson's side. I will reserve judgement until I have all the facts. Everyone else should too. Anderson has never been known for doing this type of shit so I am sure there was a reason.

That is the problem with some people. Anderson never in the past refused to promote a fight. I have been critical in the past of Silva's camp requesting Cung Le and not Weidman, but like i said before, there are always two sides of the story. Family emergencies or other situations arise all the time. People should reserve judgement. Anderson hated Chael more than he does Weidman, and he never skipped out on any commitment to promote the fight. Let's wait for the facts.

Back