UFC fights where you didn't want any of the fighters to lose

.paradoxxii

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just read about Demian and it remembered about his fight against Carlos Condit. Both Guys are up there as my favorites. I was thinking about Demian's title shot and ended suppoting him, but it still broke my heart seeing Carlos completely dominated like that.

Now I'm expecting the same feeling about Frankie Edgar x Korean Zombie. I'm a bigger fan of Frankie than I am of Zombie, but I really want to see both guys fight for the title. The problem is if Brian Ortega become the champion, it will be harder for Frankie get the shot. So, I really want to support Frankie (possible) last run for the title, but I'm afraid he kicks Korean Zombie back in the line and end up without title shot. This one is more difficulty to me I guess.

Have you felt the same about a fight?

Fedor vs Hunto

The only time I've wanted Hunto to draw instead of win

Lawler vs Cowboy, Mir vs Carwin, Randy vs Chuck are the first few that come to mind

Tank Abbott vs Don Frye was probably the first one I was conflicted in who I wanted to win the fight now that I rack my brain.

Thompson vs Till. Wanted to see a new challenger (with good striking), but as someone who grew up doing Karate, I love seeing guys make it work in mma.

Really with the exception of Colby, I find all the top ww's to be really easy to root for.

Lawler Condit
Aldo Cub
JDS Hunt
Brown Lawler
Hendo Shogun 1&2

Ortega vs Frankie.

Wanted to see both guys fight against Holloway, sucked to see Frankie get bodied

Holloway-Ortega if it ever happens

Ferg-Showtime
Cub-Choi
Grasso-Randa
Gaethje-MJ

condit diaz
gsp bisping
cruz tj
cain jds

Almost every fight ever.

Right now it’s Hunt - Oleinik. Although I’d be happier with a Hunt.

In the past; Couture - Big Nog (although that one worker out perfectly and both guys fought like bad asses in a close decision)

Hunt vs Mir

And especially Mark Bocek vs Joe Brammer. That one killed me!

Khabib vs Tony.

Stiopic Vs JDS
Maia Vs Nelson
Jacare Vs Romero
Whittaker Vs Jacare
Shoeface Vs Boetsch

Back