PBP UFC Fight Night 140: Ponzinibbio vs. Magny PBP Discussion - 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT/12:00am UK

I watched most of this card on FS1. I enjoyed it. Kind of shit on paper, but turned out worth it.

Holy shit, the Johnny Walker hype is already off the charts in the UFC Discussion.

Also, why did the keep Herb stashed away until the main event? Were they afraid he'd fuck up again?

I'm gonna repost this here but seriously when Johny walker started talking it was exactly like this

<45>

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

anderson-silva-broken-leg-ufc-168.jpg

Bruh?
I think because those were quick and done, that I didn't feel as bad as Magny since it was just constant throughout the fight. Also, I didn't see the A Silva one live :D

Decent card after all. 4 good fights on the main card. Glad Ponzi won. If Usman wins against RDA, I think he's next for the title, but if Usman loses, Ponzi should be right there.

And glad that Walker kid seems legit. LHW needs new blood. Great chin on Cannetti, too. He took some big knees that didn't even seem to wobble him.

I didn't like the stoppage in the Elkins fight. I think he was still in it, but he was also losing the fight anyway, so not a big deal, but still.

If only Lobov and Magny could trade their reach. Lobov with his reach would be 10 division champ champ.

I don’t know how in the hell Walker gets to 205. Dude is 6’6” and stacked. Crazy power.

Always said about Magny - the guy is not a fighter, he's an athlete.

I put numerous guys in this category, and its certainly not to say I consider them 'not tough' or anything like that, but they are not fighters per se - they are athletic guys with excellent cardio, who are good game-planners. Good at following a methodical strategy that tends to usually involve not engaging in actual full-blown fighting.

Magny can be very good at this. His reach and athleticism usually keeps him far away from the strikes of most guys, but he very rarely lands or attempts much striking of his own. I thought Ponzinibio would be one of those guys who get out-strategized by Magny so was pleasantly surprised to see him steamroll him!

What does Magny actually do, well?

No striking power to speak of. He isn't a natural striker, either. His wrestling is middling at best, he isn't a BJJ maestro.

He's good at using his physical tools to out-last guys for the most part. If he gets you down and / or a dominant grappling position he'll usually have the length and strength to retain that position, but he'll very rarely do any damage or try to finish.

Back