UFC Fight Night 137

I like Leites over Lombard, Leites rarely gets KO'd and that's all that Lombard has left. At dog odds it's worth a small play to me.

Thinking that Alvey/Lil Nog GTD at @ $2.40 might be a good play. Risky because who knows what kind of Nog is going to show up, but Alvey is tough and tends to fight slow.

I can see the value on Barao but am hesitant to bet on someone so past prime. It's a rule of mine to try to find once great past prime fighters and fade them, but don't trust this guy he's going against at all.
I was on Lombard but I rewatched his last fight, very low volume and basicaly a counter puncher. If Leites survives r1 than he might win a dec or even finish Lombard in r3. Im waiting for the over1.5r prop

Anders is trash imo and his last two fights showed that. He nuked old Natal and since then basically showed nothing. He barely beat Tim Williams. I think Santos fucks him up badly. Plus this is short notice and Santos will be bigger as well.
I wonder how Anders looks at 205, there was a comparison Santos to AJ but the difference between this two is that AJ chin even at 77kg hold his own and didnt get kod. Santos chin at 205 might be better but being kod by Branch is a concern.

oh wow that's weird. I'd have thought the UFC would have mentioned that in literally every promo or anytime a commentator brings up his name.
They actually mention it quite a bit and in the promo for his last fight or the Machida fight he went back to his old college and coach.

I can see the value on Barao but am hesitant to bet on someone so past prime. It's a rule of mine to try to find once great past prime fighters and fade them, but don't trust this guy he's going against at all.

I get the concern but to me this is like the recent fight between Diego Sanchez and Craig White...they're giving a fading fighter with name value a favorable matchup.

They actually mention it quite a bit and in the promo for his last fight or the Machida fight he went back to his old college and coach.
He's being ironic, that's all they talk about in his promos and commentators mention it every single minute during his fights

He's being ironic, that's all they talk about in his promos and commentators mention it every single minute during his fights
First I thought so to, but I wasn't sure anymore when he kept on going on about it. Now I read it again it's really obvious, my bad!

The only 2 bets I really like for now are Rodriguez @+100/+105 and Sherman @+210. I'm also liking Anders in the ME. I don't trust Santos at all and I think Anders can weather the storm and will find that chin, but with them both moving up to 205 and this being on short notice, I can't be to confident in this one.

This far it looks like it's going to be a pretty light card for me.

Last edited:
oh wow that's weird. I'd have thought the UFC would have mentioned that in literally every promo or anytime a commentator brings up his name.

Did you know that Henry Cejudo has a gold medal from the olympics....i had to dig deep on the internets to find that out

Last edited:

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic with your initial question. I guess I haven't paid attention to the UFC promotion, but it's all they talked about when he was in AXS.

I like Leites over Lombard, Leites rarely gets KO'd and that's all that Lombard has left. At dog odds it's worth a small play to me.

Thinking that Alvey/Lil Nog GTD at @ $2.40 might be a good play. Risky because who knows what kind of Nog is going to show up, but Alvey is tough and tends to fight slow.

Im too with Leites.
Lombard no volume and this is last Leites fight before retire. Hes is going do your best.

Event in here Brazil, if close fight, the judges help 90% times to brazilians. Mma confederation and brazilian fighters are friends ($$$$), not all but maybe 80%.

anyone got any links to Luigi Vendramini fights? i cant find any

Only 2 fights are available, vs a 1-3 guy and a 0-3 guy, but they're fairly recent. You can also get a decent read on his wrestling via his HL vid.

Agree on Leites. I think he's pretty much done but I think Hector is even more done. Hector's tdd will be good for a round. If Leites survives I think he can drag Hector to the mat after that and either ride out a dec or find a sub. At dog odds I'll take my chances that Leites has a bit more left than Lombard.

Yeah that Spicely fight is a red flag for sure

Another thing about Anders: he seems like one of those guys who struggles when forced to lead, but if he's able to counter can put people away. I wonder how aggressive Santos will be?

We've had a good run with very little bickering. Don't start now guys. Just move on.

Sure, let's self-censor and repress our urge to utter true statements.
He was asking someone in a non-offensive manner not to go out of their way to bash a fighter or female, doesn't sound like he's going 1984 on everyone. And I'm not sure saying 'that chick looks like a dude ha ha' really adds that much to the discussion. There's a pretty broad playground in the area between honest expression and reasonable conduct.

Sure, let's self-censor and repress our urge to utter true statements.
Yeah, its called being an adult. We rarely have any complaints from this sub and it would be nice to keep it that way. You guys have a good thing going on over here. No need to turn it into the Heavies.

Yeah, its called being an adult. We rarely have any complaints from this sub and it would be nice to keep it that way. You guys have a good thing going on over here. No need to turn it into the Heavies.
Called being an adult?! Have you been the most recent UFC fight night forum? And you censor me smh

He was asking someone in a non-offensive manner not to go out of their way to bash a fighter or female, doesn't sound like he's going 1984 on everyone. And I'm not sure saying 'that chick looks like a dude ha ha' really adds that much to the discussion. There's a pretty broad playground in the area between honest expression and reasonable conduct.
I didn't go out of my way to bash a fighter but you took it that way. And since when do ppl not bash fighters on here anyway? Ppl need to stop being so sensitive

Back